This role will require Monday through Friday onsite work at our Upper Providence PA location. Relocation assistance is available. This position could be a Director level or Associate Director level dependent on the candidate qualifications.
Are you energized by leveraging your broad scientific expertise to provide strategic direction to scientists and accelerate the development of medicines? If so, this Director or Associate Director
role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
We are looking for a highly motivated, agile and experienced immunologist to join Cellular Biomarkers Flow Cytometry team within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department based in Collegeville, PA. Our group is responsible for developing and validating complex multi-parameter biomarker assays for use in clinical studies. We generate deep immunophenotyping data to evaluate disease heterogeneity, drug-target engagement, drug mechanism of action and patient responses. Key Responsibilities:
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of immunology and will serve both as a group leader and as a technical expert.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Provide scientific leadership and guide the development and validation of various high parameter spectral (Cytek Aurora) flow cytometry assays including deep immunophenotyping of immune cell subsets and receptor occupancy endpoints.
- Oversee all aspects of method development, troubleshooting, validation and sample analysis for clinical studies requiring flow cytometry.
- Manage, develop and train a team of PhD scientists
- Provide biomarker/translational expertise on multiple clinical programs/projects.
- Be responsible for delivery of robust, high quality data packages
- Ensure all work is conducted in compliance with GCLP regulations and follow the appropriate SOPs.
- Deliver, interpret and communicate complex scientific data to project/program teams within agreed timelines
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Able to function well in a team and possess a good balance of creative and analytical skills
- Contribute to biomarker strategy and capital equipment discussions
- Lead efforts to investigate novel flow cytometry data analysis platforms and embed within the organization
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in immunology, cell biology or similar
- 6 or more years post-PhD experience in immunology, cell biology, biomedical science or related disciplines
- Able to provide biomarker/translational expertise on multiple clinical programs/projects
- Prior leadership experience and ability to manage and effectively lead a team of PhD level scientists
- Immunological knowledge covering phenotyping of multiple subpopulations of cells
- Laboratory experience and understanding of clinical and non-clinical flow cytometry biomarker assay development, validation, and implementation
- Theoretical and practical understanding of flow cytometry with experience to design and execute 16+ color flow cytometry panels
- Considerable experience in the use of flow cytometry analysis software (OMIQ an advantage)
- Expertise working with a variety of sample types including whole blood, PBMC, cell lines and single-cell suspension from tissue samples
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills to influence biomarker testing strategies and communicate efficiently with colleagues from all phases of clinical drug development
- Ability to maintain a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigor, and operational excellence
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making, especially for prioritizing multiple requests
- Experience in the development and validation of novel flow cytometry assays to support clinical measurements and their translation to a companion diagnostic (CDx) when applicable.
- Experience of working with external vendors for the transfer of assays to support clinical trial sample analysis and development of CDx (where appropriate).
- Experience to design and execute 18+ color flow cytometry panels
- Hands on experience with the Cytek Aurora
- Proactively demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Hands on experience with high-dimensional data analysis (e.g. tSNE, SPADE, CITRUS, FlowSOM)
- Experience with complexities of reporting high parameter data to data management groups
- Thorough understanding of working in a regulated environment
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.