STUDENT RECRUITMENT AND MARKETING CO-ORDINATOR - 97636Position Details
College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £24,291 to £26,094 with potential progression once in post to £30,207
Closing Date: 6 July 2022Our offer to you
People are at the heart of what we are and do.
The University of Birmingham is proud to have been a part of the City of Birmingham and the wider region for over 100 years, and we are equally proud to be recognised as a leading global university. We want to attract talented people from across the city and beyond, support them to succeed, and celebrate their success.
We are committed to helping the people who work here to develop through our sector-leading Birmingham Professional programme which provides all professional services staff with development opportunities and the encouragement to reach their full potential. With almost 5,000 professional services jobs in a wide-range of functions in Edgbaston and in our campus in Dubai, there are plenty of opportunities for you to be able to develop your career at the University.
We believe there is no such thing as a typical member of staff and that diversity is a source of strength that underpins the exchange of ideas, innovation, and debate. We warmly welcome people from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where diversity is at the heart of who and what we are, and how we work.
Supporting our people to achieve a healthy work/life balance is important both to our employees and to the success of the University and, depending on the role, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements. We therefore welcome discussions on all forms of flexible working. In addition, you will receive a generous package of benefits including 40 days paid holiday a year, one paid day a year for volunteering, occupational sick pay, and a pension scheme. We also have three high quality subsidised day nurseries.
The University is situated in leafy Edgbaston and there are excellent transport links to our beautiful campus, including main bus routes and a train station on site. On campus we have a state-of-the-art sports centre with pool, shops, places to eat and drink, our own art gallery, museum and botanical gardens.Job context
This role supports student recruitment, marketing, and admissions activity for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
The postholder will take a proactive role in student recruitment helping to plan and deliver high quality activities and create marketing content. They will evaluate success and use their initiative to find innovative improvements. Activities include open days and offer holder events, virtual events, digital and print communications to prospective students and creating web content.
They will manage a team of student ambassadors including overseeing the employment administration.
They will act as a point of contact for applicant enquiries throughout the cycle, from enquiry through to scholarship processing on arrival at the University. This will require liaising with central departments such as Admissions, Student Services, Campus Services etc.
The postholder will also support outreach activities for Schools and the College.
The post holder will be expected to support events during evenings and Saturdays throughout the year.Job Summary
This role supports the student recruitment and marketing for the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences. You will proactively devise and deliver activities and provide administrative support to the Recruitment and Marketing teams. You will also provide advice and support to colleagues and potential students through a range of methods. In order to flexibly use resource, you may be offered the opportunity to work elsewhere in the department or across the University.Main Duties
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Researching and writing copy, for external publications and websites e.g., our student prospectuses, in collaboration with Student Recruitment Officers, Managers and Academic leads
- Representing the University at Open Days and Applicant or Offer-holder Visit Days. These may be on campus and/or virtual. Typical tasks would including advising academics, sourcing and/or writing materials, devising communications for social media, organising invitations, and monitoring responses, identifying, and booking venues and catering. You will need to co-ordinate with colleagues in order to ensure smooth and successful delivery of events.
- Proactively reviewing, maintaining, and developing the content of webpages.
- Conducting competitor analysis and league table data analysis and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Delivering market research activity e.g., arranging focus groups with students and using results to make recommendations.
- Collating, analysing and interpreting data in relation to metrics and reviewing activities in line with these.
- Dealing with a wide range of more complex enquiries and correspondence independently or exercising judgement to redirect them to senior colleagues or other departments within the University.
- Providing other administrative support for the team
- Monitoring budgets including processing payments
- Supports equality and values diversity, moderating own behaviour to avoid unfair discriminatory impact or bias on others.
- Educated to A Level standard, or equivalent level 3 qualification such as a Level 3 NVQ, or level 3 national diploma or relevant work experience evidencing the skills and ability to undertake the role.
- Minimum of grade C in Mathematics and English at GCSE or equivalent.
- Professional experience in a Recruitment and/or Marketing role.
- Highly proficient IT skills, including the MS Office and website editing software. The post holder should also be confident and able to quickly learn new IT skills and software packages as required.
- Proven ability to plan ahead and anticipate requirements, proactively planning own (and sometimes others' workloads) to manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write for different audiences, and to required deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The postholder must inspire confidence and command authority with a range of colleagues and provide excellent customer service at all times.
- A high degree of professionalism, tact, and diplomacy, and the ability to exercise discretion regarding the handling and management of sensitive information/issues.
- A high degree of initiative, personal judgement, resourcefulness, flexibility, and a self-motivating approach.
- Ability to work effectively in a large, complex organisation, and to develop a good understanding of how the University and higher education institutions work.
- Ability to understand policy and procedures and how to apply these.
- Understands the importance of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Ability to identify and respond to equality and diversity issues in line with relevant policies and procedures
This role will require the exercise of personal initiative within and beyond the college and with external contacts.
Planning and organising
The role is required to work independently on daily, weekly, and monthly tasks but also on projects with medium-longer-term horizons without daily supervision.
Problem solving and decision making
You will work with direction form your managers, but you will have a significant degree of autonomy. You will deal l with more complex queries and be expected to resolve any problems in your area of responsibility.
Internal and external relationships
You will liaise with internal colleagues and stakeholders University-wide and also with external stakeholders.
Our Values and Behaviours
Informal enquiries can be made to Katherine Grover; firstname.lastname@example.org
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.