Location: Noida/Chennai, India
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns. What we are looking for:
The Content Acquisition Team of Wiley is offering a (Senior) Commissioning Editor position based in India to drive and ensure special content growth for the global Health Sciences program at Wiley. In close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders across multiple business units, This person will be responsible for developing and managing a healthy pipeline of special contents to achieve established goals. You will also play an important role in increasing the visibility of the overall Health Sciences program in India via online and offline channels, as well as in enhancing team efficiency through multiple-scale projects.How you will make an impact:
Who you are:
- Drive and oversee the strategic direction of the special content program in global Health Sciences portfolios to achieve established goals
- Plan, commission and develop special contents to ensure high-quality publication outputs through various channels and approaches
- Manage special contents to ensure the healthily growing pipelines, the excellent editor and author experience, and the smooth publishing process.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with existing journal connections and global managing researchers in Health Sciences
- Enhance the visibility and impact of the responsible portfolios in emerging markets to generate content commissioning opportunities by organizing and/or attending online or on-site academic events and paying publishing visits
- Coordinate or take part in innovative projects to advance the special content program and improve the team efficiency
- Master's degree or above in Health/Life Sciences or other relevant subjects, preferably in Immunology, Pathology or Oncology.
- Relevant experience of 3-5 years.
- Proven experience in an academic or publishing role, preferably working with research communities
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent communication, presentational, interpersonal, and networking skills
- Strong data analysis and critical thinking skills, preferably familiar with literature databases and bibliometrics
- Self-starter with proactive and can-do attitudes, customer-centric mindset, organizational and quality-oriented skills, and multitasking ability
- Adequate ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders at the international level
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada. *When applying, please attach your updated resume/CV to be considered.