UK or US (Remote or hybrid)Company:
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.About the role:
We are looking for an experienced scholarly publishing professional to join our enthusiastic and knowledgeable team. This role will manage journals in the Anatomy and Morphology subject disciplines. In partnership with the team leader, you will oversee the strategic development and editorial and financial performance of your portfolio. In this client management role, you will be responsible for managing relationships with journal editors, society leaders, and other stakeholders in the community.
Wiley brings a strong presence in open access expertise, and an understanding of author communities. We publish a large portfolio of journals in Anatomy and Morphology, many of which are published in partnership with leading organizations and societies. We meet the interests of researchers, policymakers, and practitioners. Wiley is one of the top academic publishers with extensive experience in developing our journals' strategic goals through a combination of subject strength, and open access publishing expertise. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly collaborative, innovative team, strongly aligned with Wiley's mission and organizational goalsHow you will make an impact:
What we are looking for:
- Apply your skills and experience to maintain great working relationships with key external stakeholders to build and maintain the journals' reputation and quality by providing excellent service to our authors, editors, and society partners.
- Manage the efficient day to day running of existing journals, and optimize operations in close cooperation with relevant internal staff e.g. content management, marketing and finance.
- Highly driven and well-organized, you will have a strong focus on achieving goals, and a commitment to identifying and developing strategic opportunities to expand our portfolio.
- Represent Wiley and attend editorial board, society business and strategy meetings primarily (virtual and in-person); present on Wiley capabilities and new initiatives, market developments and trends, and overall journal performance.
- Strive to meet portfolio-related objectives regarding market share, cost per article, operations, growth, etc.
- Help carry out Wiley's strategic vision to lead the transition to Open Access and to 're-invent' publishing for the future.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of publishing experience
- Ideally have experience working for a scholarly publisher as a publishing manager or within an internal client-facing department, such as content management or marketing
- A working knowledge of journal publishing, trends, and business drivers, including open access
- A proven track record of strong solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving; organized working style; excellent communication (written and oral) and relationship-building skills
- Motivated by understanding the needs of researchers, and committed to delivering excellent service, aligned with strong business and financial acumen, and a collaborative approach
- Interest or experience in the subject areas of Anatomy and Morphology is a plus but not an essential
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.