Associate Editorial DirectorLocation:
Nomura Fudosan Nishi Shinjuku Bldg 8F, 8-4-2 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Wiley's mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who are excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We currently have a full-time permanent opportunity for an Associate Editorial Director to join our team in Tokyo! We are looking for an experienced professional with success in leadership positions to manage Wiley's Editorial team. The successful candidate will lead our transition to open access in Japan and ensure our society partners provide the best publishing experience for their communities.How you will make an impact:
1. As Associate Editorial Director, you will help drive forward Wiley's vision to lead the transition to open research and to 're-invent' publishing for the future.
The Associate Editorial Director will be accountable for the performance and growth of an important, multidisciplinary journal portfolio. You will help develop a plan for establishing external partnerships, including opportunities outside of traditional publishing, and engage with research communities. Along with the editorial team, the Associate Editorial Director will provide insights for the global organization and apply strategies in the context of the Tokyo publishing program.
2. You will lead a team of Journal Publishing Managers, with their own journal portfolios, and Journal Publishing Assistants.
Effective team management, team building skills, and the ability to resolve performance issues is essential for the Associate Editorial Director. Unlocking human potential is Wiley's core mission - and this principle also applies to Wiley's employees. You will play an important role in developing the team's members, as well as your own career growth. Wiley's culture is one that our colleagues value most, and we're excited for you to be a part of it!3. You will manage and develop a few of your own journals
and deliver a future-focused journal portfolio. Providing excellent service and achieving high satisfaction for our customers is critical for Wiley's successWhat we look for:
Why you should join Wiley:
- Leadership experience managing successful teams, ideally in journals publishing
- Understanding of local business and social cultures
- Knowledge of market trends and key competitors
- Ability to influence internal colleagues and external customers
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Wiley's Tokyo office is centrally located in the exciting Shinjuku district!
- Excellent opportunities for business travel - additionally, Wiley colleagues are able to work from any location in the world for one month each year!
- Flextime scheme to encourage work-life balance for our team!
- Fantastic well-being initiatives such as 'Happy Fridays' with the afternoon off during part of the year, flexibility to work from home, fun events and activities with colleagues!
- Wiley offers a defined-contribution pension plan for retirement.
- Excelled opportunities for learning and development with free access to LinkedIn Learning, Cross Knowledge and much more!
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society's advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.