London, UK (Hybrid)
Hindawi UK - A Wiley Brand
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We believe in the power of open scholarly communication to radically improve the research process. We are passionate about working with the research community to promote the transition towards Open Science on a large scale. With the help of our academic editors, we focus on serving our authors while preserving robust publishing standards and editorial integrity.About the Role:
The Researcher Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring that researchers have the best possible experience when joining, managing and working with our journals. Reporting to the Senior Researcher Engagement Manager and working closely with the Marketing Managers (and the wider Journal Development teams), the holder of this role will be responsible for managing relationships with a group of Senior Editors from a portfolio of journals. This position will also be responsible for managing company-spanning projects within a specialist area relating to researcher engagement or journal management. How you will make an impact:Editor engagement:
- Playing a key role in editor recruitment, onboarding, rotation and training and defining and refining the processes and procedures for these (working in close collaboration with the Senior Researcher Engagement Managers, Director of Journal Management, the other Researcher Engagement Managers and Marketing Managers)
- Responsibility for managing the journal-level communications and relationships with Editorial boards on a set journal portfolio, including acting as main point of contact for all Senior Editors (e.g. Chief Editors, Section Editors, etc.) in regards to journal development and policies
- Where relevant, collaborate with the Brand Marketing team on activity related to the wider community and in utilising company-wide materials for editor-focussed activity
- Work with the Insights & Innovation and the Data & Operations teams to produce consistent and useful measuring and reporting of all engagement activity and performance against set KPIs
- Develop an expert understanding of our Editors and their lifecycle to ensure we provide the best experience possible
- Monitor competitor and industry activity and initiative to feeds into overall engagement strategies and activities
What we look for:
- Lead on projects in a unique area of the business, providing the opportunity to have company-wide impact
- Project areas include:
- Abstracting & Indexing - Leading on strategy for engaging with indexers and ensuring Hindawi's journals are widely covered. An opportunity to build relationships with key players in the industry
- Author engagement - Researcher Engagement Lead on author engagement projects, including Hindawi's annual Article of the Year Awards
- Editor recruitment - Playing a key role in Hindawi's editor recruitment operations and leading on initiatives to drive and optimise the process
The role holder will be excited about becoming, an expert on the needs of researchers. They have a strong work ethic with the ability to handle multiple priorities and respond quickly to changing requirements.
The role holder always keeps key objectives and targets in mind when carrying out all plans and activities.
Experience in research and/or scholarly publishing, along with an understanding of Open Science and wider publishing and research landscape, is highly desirable.
The role holder is a high-performing self starter that responds well to autonomy and a varied workload, and is excited about playing a pivotal role in engaging researchers - helping Hindawi lead the way in data-led, tech-first scholarly communication that puts the researcher at the heart of the process. About Wiley:
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society's advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.