At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We are looking for a passionate Journal Publishing Manager with proven experience working in scholarly publishing, and a flair for managing relationships with journal editors, society leaders, and other stakeholders in the community. In partnership with the Publisher, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of proprietary and society-owned journals in the Economics, Business, and Finance subject disciplines. As an integral member of our enthusiastic and knowledgeable team, you will be working collaboratively with smart, friendly, and highly skilled colleagues to execute plans and initiatives related to the publishing portfolio with a focus on identifying opportunities for development and strategic growth.
Wiley is one of the leading publishers in Economics, Business, and Finance, with extensive experience in developing our journals' strategic goals through a combination of subject strength, open access publishing expertise, and customer insight. We meet the interests of researchers, policymakers, and practitioners. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly collaborative, innovative team strongly aligned with Wiley's mission and organizational goals.How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who have:
- Apply your skills and experience to manage a portfolio of journals and maintain great working relationships with key external stakeholders
- Strive to meet portfolio-related objectives with a strong focus on achieving goals, optimizing processes, and identifying strategic opportunities to develop and expand our portfolio
- Represent Wiley at editorial board, society business and strategy meetings (virtual and in-person); present on Wiley capabilities and new initiatives, market developments and industry trends, and overall journal performance
- Contribute to the strategic development of our journal portfolio in the subject and provide excellent service to our authors, editors, and society partners
- Develop your communication, presentation, and relationship building skills as you help implement Wiley's strategic vision to lead the transition to Open Access and to 're-invent' publishing for the future
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2+ years of publishing experience
- Experience in research publishing, strategic journal development, and a good knowledge of the different aspects of the journal publishing industry
- A highly driven and well-organized working style; strong data analytics, time management, negotiation, and presentation skills
- A proactive approach to account management, working with cross-functional groups, and communicating with various internal teams
- Experience using and explaining financial modelling to reflect changes in the publishing industry and to budget accordingly
- A proven track record of effective, solutions-oriented problem solving; an organized working style; and excellent communication (written and oral) and relationship building skills
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the US, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.