Preferred locations: UK / Europe (Remote)
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We are looking for someone with a passion and proven experience of working in academic publishing, with a flair for building relationships with editors and societies and collaborating with colleagues. Highly driven and well-organized, you will have a strong focus on achieving goals, and a commitment to identifying and developing opportunities to expand our portfolio. This position does not involve peer review editing or any direct involvement with published content. How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who:
- As a Journals Publishing Manager, you'll apply your skills and experience to manage and develop a portfolio of journals within the Whole Organism Biology team.
- Working collaboratively with smart, friendly, and highly-skilled colleagues across our global organization, you will enjoy unrivaled scope to further develop your communication, presentation, and relationship building skills as you help implement Wiley's strategic vision to lead the transition to Open and to 're-invent' publishing for the future.
- You will make important contributions to the strategic development of our Whole Organism Biology portfolio, and will be instrumental in providing excellent service to our authors, editors, and society partners.
- Bring a working knowledge of journal publishing, trends and business drivers, including open access.
- Have a proven track record of strong communication and relationship building, and enjoy connecting with people, both remotely and in person.
- Are motivated by understanding the needs of researchers, and committed to delivering excellent service, aligned with strong business and financial acumen, and a collaborative approach.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach a covering letter and your resume/CV to be considered.