UP Professional and Support
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER- PARTNERSHIPS AND SERVICES (FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 6
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
To provide first-line human resources services and advise to line managers on HR strategies, policies and procedures. The HR Business Partner will serve as a key interface between the HR department, line management and employees at the Faculty of Health Sciences by providing an effective and efficient HR service that is aligned to the strategic objectives of the University.
The Business Partner will:Strategic HR Business Partnership
Relationship Management and Communication
- Lead and manage the implementation and delivery of key HR initiatives in the Faculty of Health Sciences, across the full spectrum of employee life cycle which will include but not limited to the following:
- Talent management and succession planning management,
- Training and development,
- Employment equity and transformation,
- Organisation development and design,
- Employee relations,
- Workforce planning, recruitment and selection,
- Remuneration and benefits and related HR administration.
- Create and drive the HR agenda for the University and ensure alignment with the overall UP strategy.
- Embed the University's core values in all people practices; supporting the cultural transformation of the business and drive improvements in engagement and recognition.
- Partner with the line manager in defining and implementing strategic HR interventions that enable or enhance the achievement of business objectives.
- Drive a high-performance culture focusing on coaching, continuous improvement and building HR capabilities.
- Coach and develop agile and resilient line managers who can manage through continuous change whilst engaging their teams.
HR Governance, Risk and Reporting
- Initiate, build and maintain strong positive partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels of the institution, identify workforce issues and provide appropriate interventions;
- Make a positive contribution to performance improvement of portfolio areas;
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with all other members of the HR department;
- Build trusted, cross cultural relationships and collaborate with employees, line manager, trade unions and other stakeholders to drive the delivery of the business and people strategies;
- Implement HR business processes and report on levels of compliance;
- Identify and address HR related risks (including potential risks) and develop strategies and implementation plans to minimise and or eliminate risk;
- Drive governance and compliance to HR policies;
- Forge and encourage close working relationships with all stakeholders to deliver on their respective service level agreements;
- Coordinate and compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports to drive strategic HR Business partnering agenda.
- Honours degree or equivalent postgraduate qualification in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or related field;
- Five years HR generalist experience;
- Staff supervision experience;
- Possession of a valid driver's licence.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Broad technical knowledge and skills in selection, recruitment and placement, employee relations, talent management (learning and development, performance management, workforce planning and succession management), remuneration and benefits and organisational development;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Advocacy, facilitation and mediation skills;
- Applied knowledge of the Immigration Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act, Skills Development Act and the Labour Relations Act;
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Intermediate level);
- Knowledge and experience in a HR system which includes data capturing, extraction and analysis of transactional data;
- Knowledge and skills in project and change management.
- A Master's degree in Human Resource Management or Management
- Relevant experience in a higher education or similar environment;
- Professional registration;
- Previous experience in using HR System;
- Two years' experience at HR Business Partner level.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position will be as determined by UP remuneration policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University's contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP .
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 12 August 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: For the application process: Ms K Lekgari Tel: (012) 420 2640, or e-mail: email@example.com. For further information about the role: Mr G Petlele, Tel: (012) 420 3576
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2022, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.