Location - UK (Remote or hybrid)
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.About the Role
We are looking for a Journals Publishing Manager with experience of working in scholarly publishing, and an interest in managing relationships with journal editors, society leaders, and other stakeholders in the community. You will manage journals a portfolio of journals in the Nursing, Neurology and Psychiatry subject disciplines. In partnership with the team leader, you will oversee the strategic development and editorial and financial performance of your portfolio. In this client management role, you will be responsible for managing relationships with journal editors, society leaders, and other stakeholders in the community.
We publish a large portfolio of journals across these subjects, many of which are published in partnership with leading organizations and societies. Wiley is one of the top academic publishers with extensive experience in developing our journals strategic goals, through a combination of subject strength, and open access publishing expertise. This is unique opportunity to join a highly collaborative, innovative team strongly aligned with Wiley's mission and organizational goals.How you will make an impact:
What we are looking for you to:
- As a Journals Publishing Manager, you'll apply your skills and experience to manage a portfolio of journals and maintain great working relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Manage the efficient day to day running of existing journals and optimize operations in close cooperation with relevant internal staff e.g., content management, marketing and finance.
- Highly driven and well-organized, you will have a strong focus on achieving goals, and a commitment helping to execute plans for journal development
- Represent Wiley and attend editorial board, society business and strategy meetings (virtual and in-person); present on Wiley capabilities and new initiatives, market developments and trends, and overall journal performance
- You will make important contributions to the strategic development of your portfolio and will be instrumental in providing excellent service to our authors, editors, and society partners
- You will enjoy unrivalled scope to further develop your communication, presentation, and relationship building skills as you help implement Wiley's strategic vision to lead the transition to Open Access and to 're-invent' publishing for the future
- Ideally have experience working for a scholarly publisher as a publishing manager or within an internal client-facing department, such as content management or marketing
- Bring a working knowledge of journal publishing, trends, and business drivers, including open access
- Have a proven track record of strong solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving; organized working style; excellent communication (written and oral) and relationship building skills, and enjoy connecting with people, both remotely and in person
- Motivated by understanding the needs of researchers, and committed to delivering excellent service, aligned with strong business and financial acumen, and a collaborative approach
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of publishing experience
- Interest or experience in the Health Sciences is a plus but not an essential
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
When applying, please attach your cover letter and resume to be considered.