Job DescriptionAbout Us:
Excellence Community Schools is a non-profit charter management organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional, and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplishes this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in supportive and caring environments that at all times have high expectations of our students.
The Bronx Charter Schools for Excellence 1-5 (Bronx Excellence), is a network of free, public charter schools serving scholars in grades K-8, based on a proven, nationally-recognized school model that evolved from our National Blue Ribbon Award-winning flagship school.Position:
The School Nurse (Nurse) is responsible for managing and supporting the physiological, psychological, developmental, and emotional health and safety of our scholars. The Nurse delivers care to the schools students utilizing the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, Implementation, and Evaluation . The School Nurse will also interact with students parents and family members while maintaining all standards of care. The Nurse may also provide consultation to staff members and liaise with community service providers as needed.Responsibilities:
- Use the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the students care.
- Demonstrate ability and appropriate technical skills to perform direct patient care, using established procedures, policies, and standards of care in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner.
- Provide personalized care to ensure students comfort and well-being with consideration to physiological, developmental,
emotional, and psychological needs.
- Document all patient care, including primary complaint/injury/reason for visit, nursing intervention, patient response, and care resolution.
- Provide thorough & concise reports & communicate pertinent information to the appropriate person in a timely manner, exercising discretion in accordance with all HIPAA, FERPA, and guiding regulations.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe environment for students and staff.
- Employ infection control policies and practices as needed.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are stored in an organized and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate correct and safe techniques in the use of equipment according to specific product information.
- Participate in economical utilization of supplies and ensure that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Adhere to school policies with guidance from the Principal and Director of Operations in accordance with personnel manuals.
- Monitor and manage student health records in compliance with all privacy and legal regulations.
- Perform general diagnostics and screenings as needed (e.g. vision, hearing, etc.)
- Contribute and work as an active team member in support of a healthy, safe, and secure learning environment.
- Provide consultation and general assistance with health education.
- Maintain current licensure, continuing education credits, and skill credentials.
- Attend all requisite staff meetings and consult with Principal/Director of Operations for meetings not attended.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consult with the Department of Public Health, school district, and health organizations as needed.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree required (Associates Degree acceptable if RN Licensure acquired).
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience preferred.
- Prior school nursing experience preferred.
- New York State Licensure (RN) required.
- Basic Life Support required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications .
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org