At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We are looking for an experienced, focused individual to own our strategy and develop our position across the broad and dynamic Engineering subject space; someone who is passionate about publishing and understands what makes authors, editors and societies tick, and can lead a team to turn these insights into continuing growth and opportunity.How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who:
- As Publisher of the Engineering team, you will help drive forward Wiley's strategic vision to lead the transition to Open and to 're-invent' publishing for the future.
- You will incorporate research community perspectives into a publishing context, and continuously develop our products and services as a result.
- You will lead a team of Journal Publishing Managers, with their own journal portfolios.
- You will manage and develop a list of your own society-owned/proprietary journals.
- You will own our editorial strategy for the development of your subject areas, and be accountable for ensuring execution through your team.
- You will promote a spirit of cooperation in partnership with cross-functional teams such as content review, content transformation, marketing, to ensure we deliver on expectations of our service.
- Bring a comprehensive knowledge of journal publishing, trends and business drivers, including open access.
- Have a proven track record in business development, delivering both commercial and market share growth.
- Thrive in navigating complexity and identifying routes to opportunity.
- Have strong leadership skills, and experience of managing a team in a publishing or related business context, including through periods of disruption and change.
- Bring a global perspective and are adept at working in an international context.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach a covering letter and your resume/CV to be considered.