The Research Associate 2
will function as the technical expert in mouse modeling, mouse genetics, and genomic analysis of gene expression in the laboratory of Dr. Chakravarti within the Comprehensive Cancer Center at the Ohio State University.Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, execute, and manage animal projects related to the control and development of cancer
- Design and execute complex laboratory experiments necessary to carry out research grant proposals
- Collaborate with Principal Investigator to write manuscripts, articles, abstracts, and research reports based on laboratory research results for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Attend and present at national scientific conferences
- Assist with development and preparation of grant proposals to obtain outside funding in support of research
- Prepare summaries of research findings for submission to sponsoring agencies
- Facilitate and establish working relationships with potential sponsors and in the submission of detailed research proposals to governmental and private agencies
- Conduct critical analysis of research literature related to research being investigated
- Provide scientific guidance and technical expertise to undergraduate students, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and staff
- Oversee and monitor all purchases and expenditures
- Implement, administer, and manage laboratory operational and research accounts
- Operate, maintain, and train research personnel on equipment
- Establish relationships and develops collaborations with other laboratories
- Mentor and train research personnel as needed
- A Masters degree in an appropriate biological/health science or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The Ohio State University
- Considerable (3 - 5 yrs.) experience in a biological/health science capacity is required
- Expertise in mouse modeling, mouse genetics, and genomic analysis of gene expression strongly preferred
- Experience in a progressively responsible administrative capacity is preferred.
- Requires successful completion of a background check.
- Qualified candidate may be requested to complete a pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
is a dynamic community of diverse resources, where opportunity thrives and where individuals transform themselves and the world. The Ohio State University
is one of the nations largest and most comprehensive public universities and a top employer in Ohio.
* As one of only 50 designated comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital
and Richard J. Solove Research Institute
is dedicated to the creation of knowledge in laboratory, clinical and population-based cancer research. We apply those discoveries to develop more effective approaches to cancer prevention, diagnosis, and therapies providing tomorrows standard of care today. A Cancer-Free World Begins Here.
* The OSUCCC James
is the only cancer program in the United States that features a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center aligned with a nationally ranked academic medical center and a freestanding cancer hospital on the campus of one of the nations largest public universities. is the only cancer program in the United States that features a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center aligned with a nationally ranked academic medical center and a freestanding cancer hospital on the campus of one of the nations largest public universities.
As an Ohio State employee, you will also have access to many benefits such as
* Retirement Package choice of OPERS or Alternative Retirement Plan
* Competitive Vacation and Sick Leave Program
* 11 Paid Holidays per year
* Medical Insurance
* Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Opportunity to purchase season tickets to OSU sporting events
* Additional discounted rates on things such as select cell phone plans, pet care, food and dining, etc.
The target hiring range for this position is $47,500 - $61,500