Position Title Adjunct Nursing Instructor
Pay Grade Level F-PT
Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems, TIAA 403(b), YMCA membership, Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
Department Allied Health
Campus Location Marquette
Min Salary $609
Max Salary $792
Position Type Faculty
Job Summary/Basic Function
The faculty member will be responsible for the instruction of practical and associate degree nursing students in clinical, lab, and simulation settings in the practical nursing and associate degree nursing programs.
Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning.
Instructors may be assigned to teach introductory and general courses in traditional classroom/labs, hybrid, or online settings as needed.
* The successful candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing ( BSN ) degree.
* Current Michigan Registered Nursing Licensure or eligibility for Michigan Licensure.
* Equivalent of five years' experience as a registered nurse with strong clinical competency.
* Ability to assist nursing students in clinic with the delivery of patient care.
* Knowledgeable about Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing ( ACEN ).
* Commitment to quality instruction in a learner-centered environment with the goal of consistently improving student success
* Commitment to the community college mission and philosophy
* Ability to provide diverse learning experiences to diverse student populations
* Demonstrated skill in effective written and oral communications
* Demonstrated literacy in information technology and computer use
* Master's degree in Nursing.
* Clinical competency in two areas of nursing
* Experience with active and collaborative learning strategies.
* Post-secondary teaching experience in didactic, clinical, simulation, lab, and online courses.
* Eligible for dual licensure with state of Wisconsin, pending clinical placement.
* Experience functioning effectively in a variety of health care environments.
* Flexibility and creativity in relationship to changing trends in health care.
* Online teaching certification.
Months Per Year 12
Hours Worked Per Week
Work Schedule Dependent upon course schedule
Works under the general supervision of the Dean of Allied Health.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Instruct Nursing courses Bay College, which may be, but not limited to clinic, lab, and simulation. Opportunities may be available to teach other courses as qualified and needed, however.
Facilitate student learning through the following activities:
* Develop course syllabi that share with students the expectations, standards, policies, and learning objectives of the course.
* Contribute to the development and delivery of assessments of course and program learning outcomes.
* Recognize and respond to different student learning styles and needs.
* Develop and use supplementary learning materials, resources, and technology.
* Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
Adhere to the ethical standards of the college, the State of Michigan, the Higher Learning Commission, FERPA and other education regulations, and the business profession.
Provide for a safe and orderly learning environment.
Stay abreast of developments in the field of nursing by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional development opportunities.
Communicate with students, colleagues, and other stakeholders in a professional manner through the use of telephone, email, video conference, mail, and/or face-to-face communication.
Work with lab assistants, learning assistants, or student workers as needed.
Participate in professional activities such as, but not limited to, curriculum planning, syllabus writing, examination development, textbook selection, program revision, online teaching certification, and outcome assessment.
Any other duties as assigned
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, Human Resources Specialist
Contact Phone/Extension (see application details)
Contact Email (see application details)
Contact Fax (see application details)
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F034P
Posting Date 11/15/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Official transcripts and licenses required upon hire.
Quick Link for Internal Postings https://careers.baycollege.edu/postings/888