CE Instructor (Pool) req6661
Northeast State Community College is an open-access, public, comprehensive community college that advances lifelong learning and strengthens the economic and social/cultural aspects of the community. To facilitate teaching, learning, service, and student success, the College provides innovative, high-quality, and relevant associate, certificate, and career-focused educational programs and services. We're nestled in the beautiful Northeast region of Tennessee, in the middle of the Tri-Cities. Respect
- We value respect and provide an environment of inclusiveness, cooperation, and diversity.Responsibility
- We value responsibility and promote integrity, accountability, and excellence in teaching, learning, and services.Responsiveness
- We value responsiveness and facilitate personal, professional, and economic growth.We are seeking talented individuals to join the Northeast State Community College team as Continuing Education Instructors.Position Summary
Continuing Education (CE) instructors are needed for day, multiple days, or evening classes. This position is responsible for delivering quality instruction to individuals and industry partners. Expertise and experience in instructional areas required. Areas include, but are not limited to, manufacturing-related technologies, computer and information technology related skills, customer service agent skills, and professional certifications.Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach courses via on ground, online, hybrid or web-enhanced modalities as assigned.
- Develop or customize training programs.
- Teach evening, weekend, off-campus, distance-based courses as required.
- Follow CE instructor's guidelines including required documentation and class management.
- Assist in recruitment of students.
CE Courses may be offered at various locations within Northeast State's five county region of Carter, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington Counties.Compensation:
varies by CE fieldContract Type:
Part-Time TemporaryLocation of Position:
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
United States Open Until Filled:
To be considered for a position with Northeast State, the following documents are required: cover letter, resume/vitae, and unofficial transcripts. You will also be required to provide the contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for a position at Northeast State, you must create an online application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Requisition Number:
Northeast State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Linda W. Calvert
Vice President for Administration & Grant Development
P. O. Box 246
Blountville, TN 37617-0246
The Northeast State Community College policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://apps.northeaststate.edu/ie/policymanual/pol.asp?p=254.
Apply NowShare Save Job