Manager, R&D Information Systems
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job DescriptionJOB OVERVIEW:
- Advanced Cognos report authoring
- Communicate with GLPS business teams, Reg Compliance and IT.
- Leads small groups/projects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Supports Global Patient Safety (GLPS) need for analytics, line listings, summary tabulations, visualizations, and dashboards by using Cognos. Contributes to the full life cycle of safety data analytical activities - data query, report authoring, report validation, and report publishing.
- Checking DataMart for failed reports and creating/amending report Cognos schedules as appropriate.
- Authoring/Validating/QC of DataMart Cognos report requests.
- Produce detailed design documents to match business requirements.
- May coordinate the activities of either a small group of people, or an area of the infrastructure, or may manage alone a small subsidiary.
- Accountable for monthly progress against agreed deadlines, towards business objectives.
- Works with manager to assign objectives for team, or for changes and updates in the business area.
- Works on specific projects under direction from immediate manager.
- Works as a project team member in Projects.
- With guidance may act as technical spokesperson to the business in area of expertise.
- May coordinate the activities of a geographically defined group of individual contributors to ensure they meet the full requirements of their role.
- May conduct professional appraisals for team members.
- Provide direction to junior staff using established policies and standard methodologies.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple work activities to meet project deadlines; Identifies and documents business processes for assigned work activities.
- Works directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the problem root cause and customer's comfort level with application at an advanced level.
- Author Complex reports.
- Extensive understanding and application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in reporting tools.
- Supporting team members in areas of expertise.
Education and Experience:
- Good understanding of relational databases and reporting tools (Cognos Report Studio or Business objects required) 7-8 Years.
- Oracle SQL experience required (+4 years)
- Pharma experience is preferred, especially working with Research and Development/R&D/Development Operations functions (Drug Safety, Biometrics, Clinical Operations, Clinical Data Management)
- Knowledge of Pharmacovigilance Databases preferred (e.g. Argus, ARISg).
- Experience working with Ticketing systems like Service Now.
- Knowledge and experience with safety reporting and regulatory compliance and experience with international safety reporting/regulations required
- Supervisory Relationships: Provides support to Manager/Supervisor and above. May accomplish tasks mainly through direct supervision of entry-level exempt employees.
- Management Responsibilities and Policy Involvement: May provide direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Exempt Professional Levelling Guide:
7+ Years with BA/ BS
5+ Years with MA/ MS
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.