When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division
The Purification and Pharma Analytics (PPA) business develops and produces products for the purification of biotherapeutics including antibody therapies and vaccines such as those for the treatment of COVID-19. The business also provides analytical services that deliver accurate results in less than four hours for contaminant detection, identification and quantitation.Supported Product Bioprocess Resins (https://www.thermofisher.com/us/en/home/life-science/bioproduction/poros-chromatography-resin/bioprocess-resins.html)The position is remotely located in the US (except Hawaii and Alaska). There is ~30% travel primarily in North America and could have global travel.How will you make an impact?
The Field Application Specialist Manager, will manage a team of Field Applications Specialists supporting the products and services of industrial bioproduction business for purification technologies.What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Ensure that required technical support services for bioproduction products are delivered in the most effective and efficient way possible in order to achieve specific support related targets e.g. customer satisfaction and local/region/North America sales targets.
- Responsible for tracking, controlling and reporting status of the user base using the bioproduction Customer Relationship Manager database
- Responsible for planning, organization and control of all technical support activities for the Business Unit (e.g. demo, installation, alignment with technical support , training, customer follow up, escalation) and for controlling Support expenses and headcount plan.
- Build high performing organization to achieve organizational objectives. Ensure the attraction, development and retention of high-caliber talent. Acts directly to motivate, coach and develop the team in a changing business environment.
- Acts as a mentor and role to ensure effective communication and education in order to develop both Product and Application expertise.
- Coordinates and manages all support activities (from In-House to Field and from Pre Sales to Post Sales) related to the Business Unit in order to deliver timely and high quality support services in line with FY Order Plan and priorities. Responsible for implementation of Support Business scheduling process (demo, alignment with technical support and Customer training scheduling).
- Reviews relationships to existing internal partners and external customers related to the Business Unit and ensures a professional handling on different levels. Functions as mentor for crucial partner contacts to ensure interface with sales, marketing and service both on a pan North American level and corporate level.
- Implements, coordinates and manages all support process (from In-House to Field and from Pre Sales to Post Sales) related to the Business Unit such as activities reports, customer escalation. Always seeks for improvements and/or new process and procedures. Implements company policies and act as company representative for the support business.
- Leadership: communicate a positive and enthusiastic vision to other team leaders and support staff in order to maintain high individual and team motivation and performance.
- Ensure continuous up-to-date knowledge in the technology field and related area. Ensure that customer related information is shared via Sales and Marketing Department
- Minimum education requirement is an undergraduate degree in Life Sciences or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Minimum of 8 years working directly in bioprocess market/industry.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Strong leadership and management/supervisory skills preferred.
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English orally and in writing.
- Agility and flexibility working in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com (https://www.thermofisher.com/us/en/home.html) .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.