Under supervision of an SDSU Faculty member, this position is intended to provided mentored advanced training to enhance professional skills and research independence in the Post Doc's academic discipline.
The postdoctoral researcher will join the Komperda Research Group at San Diego State University to advance the goals of the NSF-funded CHemistry Instrument Review and Assessment Library (CHIRAL) project (#1914996).
These goals include identifying and reading relevant chemistry education publications and extracting metadata about measurement instruments used to generate quantitative data (i.e., tests, surveys, observation protocols, etc.). This metadata includes basic information such as instrument topic and target as well as more complex information related to the evaluation of validity and reliability evidence for data collected with the instrument.Research -100%
- Responsibilities include: refinement and implementation of the publication and instrument coding protocol used to enter information in the CHIRAL database (Microsoft Access skills or a willingness to learn desired)
- Training the next generation of undergraduate and graduate researchers on using the protocol to ensure sustainability of the project
- Analyzing the data within the database (R skills or a willingness to learn desired) to develop and lead publications and presentations for the chemistry education community showing trends and patterns in the topics and methods used for assessment.
One year of funding is available for this position. Applications should include: 1) A cover letter describing the candidates interest in the project and qualifications; 2) A current CV; 3) Names of three references that can be contacted after an initial screening interview. Applications will be accepted immediately with review beginning mid-June and continuing until the position is filled. Start dates may be as soon as July 5 but can be negotiated to meet the needs of the applicant. As of January 1, 2022 the California State University system requires all employees to live in the state of California (policy ID 10899725). If this poses a barrier to application for this position, or if any other questions arise please email Regis Komperda (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION
- Doctoral degree or equivalent in an appropriate field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer