Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Senior Scientist, Antibody Engineering & Discovery
South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. IMPORTANT:
In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary
At Distributed Bio - a Charles River company, our mission is to define a new paradigm in revolutionary bioengineered medicines for the biotechnology industry. In monoclonal therapeutics, our integration of computational immunology, bioengineering and robotics has enabled us to create a pipeline of molecules with unprecedented biophysical properties, while also supporting all of our partners with developable antibodies against any drug target of interest. Our ability to discover antibodies against challenging pMHC pathogen toxin, GPCR and Ion Channel targets, as well as a novel high-throughput discovery of CAR-T, has resulted in the growth of our antibody discovery business.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist Antibody Engineer who will contribute to the discovery and engineering of novel antibodies across our project portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute antibody discovery campaigns including phage display and yeast display approaches
- Design and generate libraries for antibody engineering projects ranging from affinity maturation and humanization to dual-specific antibodies
- Initiate and support new platform implementations for antibody engineering technologies
- Record experiments and results, including analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data to project teams and external clients
- Work collaboratively on timeline-driven projects
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
- Requirements for this position include an MS with 10+ years or PhD with 4+ years of relevant hands-on experience (preferably in industry) in biochemistry, molecular biology, protein engineering or related field
- Experience with antibody phage and/or yeast display is required
- Must have strong expertise in wide range of molecular biology and protein engineering techniques, including mutagenesis, molecular cloning, construct design, protein expression and purification, protein interaction characterization and DNA sequence analysis
- General understanding of assay development to test antibodies and data analysis is desirable
- Practical experience with ELISA, Octet, and FACS for antibody characterization is a plus
- Detail-oriented, strong skills in organization, time management, and teamwork are essential
- People and/or project management experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to coach and mentor more junior scientists as well as positively influence project direction and strategy
- Self-starter and ability to multitask
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV. Vaccine Mandate
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River. About Discovery
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market. About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years. Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com. Nearest Major Market:
San Francisco Nearest Secondary Market:
Oakland Job Segment:
Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Biomedical Engineering, Biotech, Science, Engineering