Longmeadow, MA Category:
Faculty Posted On:
Mon Jul 11 2022 Job Description: JOB SUMMARY:
We seek an experienced, student-centric educator and action research practitioner for this new open-ranked faculty position within the innovative Doctorate in Education (EdD) in Educational Leadership. Qualifications include an earned doctorate in educational leadership or related field, expertise, and professional experience in conducting action research in a variety of settings, and evidence of or strong potential for a student-centric, practice-based approach to teaching and scholarship. As such, we seek an individual who is an accomplished teacher of adult learners at graduate levels in topics related to action research, organizational leadership and change management, systems theory, and leadership development. The ideal candidate will live out a teaching philosophy that emphasizes reflective and experiential learning, especially as it relates to leadership development and organizational change and growth.
The faculty position will carry a course load of 24 credits with an annual course release of at least nine credits for dissertation advisement, dissertation faculty chair mentoring and other administrative responsibilities. The faculty will be expected to work closely and collaboratively with EdD faculty and staff in curriculum design and evaluation as well as with offices and individuals across the campus in support of EdD program students and their success.
The individual selected for this position will join a collaborative, fast-paced and dedicated University which emphasizes excellence in education at all levels. She/he will be involved in seeking new program offerings; and designing significant new initiatives for the purposes of cutting-edge preparation.
Bay Path University is an institution that places the utmost importance on the faculty's ability to teach and relate to all students, whether in undergraduate or graduate programs. The importance of teaching at the graduate level equals the importance at the undergraduate level. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Faculty will:
- Maintain annual teaching load of up to 15 credits through the university at the graduate level. (This reflects release time of 9 credits for dissertation advisement, dissertation faculty chair oversight and mentoring, dissertation continuing advisement load, action research consultation with students and faculty.)
- Serve as the 'action research methodology expert' and in-house consultant, providing ongoing guidance for all phases of the action research dissertation process and being readily available for consultation with individual faculty and students as requested.
- Collaborate with Program Coordinators in hiring, training and supervising dissertation faculty chairs.
- Serve as the primary point person and advisor for students in continuing dissertation advisement status (students who do not complete on time).
- Maintain an annual load of dissertation advisees and responsibility for one section annually of HLO 740/741.
- Serve as lead faculty for Dissertation Seminar series, HLO 760-763.
- Lead curricular design and annual evaluation process for HLO 750, HLO760-763 and HLO 740/741.
- Provide input into curricular design process to ensure that students are fully and adequately prepared to successfully complete their action research dissertation projects.
- Participate in the admissions process, which may include Open Houses, webinars, orientation, communicating with prospective and/or accepted students, and interviewing students as requested.
- Work collaboratively with EdD faculty and staff for program assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Engage in a process of formative and summative course evaluation to enhance the student learning experience.
- Engage in appropriate and relevant professional development.
- Maintain an active presence on the campus as appropriate and requested.
- Participate in all departmental and institutional meetings, committees, and functions as necessary and appropriate for role.
- Attend faculty and other University meetings and events as requested
- Adhere to HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other job-related functions as assigned by the University.
Additional Information:Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Holds terminal degree in educational leadership or related field.
- Has expertise and strong professional practice track record in conducting action research using a variety of approaches in different settings.
- An accomplished teacher of adult learners of varying academic skill backgrounds, and at graduate levels in topics related to action research, organizational leadership and change management, systems theory, and leadership development.
- Evidence of or strong potential for a student-centric, practice-based approach to teaching and scholarship.
- Skilled in online pedagogy.
- Experience and interest in advising and mentoring students.
- Experience and effective in mentoring faculty.
- Ideal candidate will live out a teaching philosophy that emphasizes reflective and experiential learning, especially as it relates to leadership development and organizational change and growth.
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Please see job description