Longmeadow, MA Category:
Adjunct Posted On:
Tue Jul 5 2022 Job Description:
- Position Code:
- Job Type: PT Adjunct
- Traditional On Ground or Online class: Online
- Undergraduate or Graduate class: Undergraduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: September 6, 2022
- Class schedule: online, asynchronous
- Duration of class: Ends December 22, 2022
Bay Path seeks an adjunct instructor to teach in our signature WELL (We Empower Learners and Leaders) Program, required of all undergraduates. The WELL Program is a student success and leadership development program, designed to help students envision themselves as leaders, understand how to leverage university resources for academic and professional success, manage their career development, and demonstrate leadership and social justice in practice.
WEL400 is the capstone class in the WELL program experience. It focuses on the planning, design, and implementation of a project in partnership with a community agency. Students advance their leadership skills to move from responsiveness to responsibility with the goal of social change. Through a team-based, service learning project, students will learn about and practice creative and strategic decision-making skills as well as develop organization and systems thinking skills. Interaction with those in the community is an integral component of WEL400. Primary Expectations:
Teach one 16-week 400 level course to undergraduate students as part of the University's WELL (We Empower Learners and Leaders) Program using a shared syllabus. Communicate effectively and promptly with students, program administrators, other faculty, and advising/support staff in a timely manner; especially as needed to address student needs and concerns. Provide timely grades and feedback to students and submit official grade information to the registrar according to the university's timeline, policies, and procedures. Emphasize the importance of e-portfolio in the class. Participate in the assessment of course performance, as needed. Participate in required training as needed and communicate regularly with the WELL program Lead Faculty. Job Requirements:
Additional Information:Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Degree requirements for position: a master's degree or higher in women's and gender studies, student affairs, education, leadership, social justice, social sciences, humanities, or a related discipline.
- Previous teaching experience: at least one year of college-level teaching experience required
- Experience integrating community service/experiential education/social justice into the academic experience
- Experience working with non-traditional and/or underrepresented student populations
- Demonstrated understanding of the broad context of women's higher education and women's issues, as well as transgender and non-binary issues
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating career-related perspectives into a robust liberal arts experience
- Experience working with Canvas, Zoom, e-portfolios, and/or other relevant educational platforms and technologies
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Please see job description