On Campus Clinical Instructor Apply Now Description/Job Summary
Under the general direction of the Associate Dean, the On-Campus Clinical Instructor will work in collaboration with the Retention Specialist in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the student retention and success program within the School of Nursing and Health Professions (SNHP). The On-Campus Clinical Coordinator will also participate in departmental and college wide activities in keeping with the mission and vision of Baltimore City Community College.
Responsibilities/Duties Essential Functions:
Assessment & Evaluation:
- Work under direction of the Retention Specialist in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the student retention and success program within SNHP
- Instruct and evaluate students in the clinical laboratory including theory content and assist with campus lab simulation
- Provide feedback to faculty in SNHP programs related to student performance in the clinical laboratory and simulation activities
- Provide remediation to students in SNHP programs to enhance student learning
- Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning in these domains: cognitive, psychomotor, and affective
- Use existing evaluation tools for assessing clinical practice and educational outcomes
- Evaluate available resources for learner assessment and evaluation
- Implement evaluation strategies that are appropriate to the learner and learning outcomes
- Use assessment and evaluation data to enhance the teaching-learning process
- Advise learners regarding assessment and evaluation criteria
- Provide timely, constructive, and thoughtful feedback to learners
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning
- Use feedback gained from self, peers, learners, and administrative evaluation to improve role effectiveness
- Model cultural sensitivity when advocating for change
- Integrate a long term, innovative, and creative perspective into the academic nurse educator role
- Support a culture for change within SNHP programs
Required Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Position Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or required license and/or certification in an Allied Health field (PTA, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology, EMS, Dental Hygiene, Health Information Technology) with specific strengths in academic skill building and an emphasis in math, biological sciences, literacy and reading comprehension skills specific to programs in SNHP.
- Demonstrate exemplary tutoring, and communication skills in preparing students to make academic transitions throughout the SNHP programs
- Demonstrate computer proficiency
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills and be able to assist students in the writing process
- Possess mathematical skills and be able to tutor math for clinical applications
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or required license and/or certification in a Nursing and/or Allied Health field
- CPR Certification
- Yearly PPD (tuberculin) testing
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.