The department of Radiology is seeking a Research Associate with an interest in advanced imaging and supporting clinical research studies in the department of Radiology. This position will work with department faculty and trainees to design and conduct clinical research studies. Activities include data gathering, image review, data analysis, and manuscript preparation.
The Research Associate will work with all faculty members in the department of Radiology, including specialists in Neuroradiology, Musculoskeletal Radiology, and Vascular Radiology. Will work with faculty members to create specific project plans and then assist in the extraction of clinical information from patient health records in pursuit of completion of the project. Will also assist in conducting cutting-edge research with faculty members that are at the forefront of the Radiology field.
* Access medical records and abstract relevant patient data for the purposes of research
* Organize data using Excel or other database tools
* Organize and review DICOM imaging data
* Utilize software tools for image analysis, including size measurements and other parameters
* Assist with data analysis and preparation of presentation materials including slide presentations, posters, and manuscripts
* Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
* Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
* Doctoral Degree in Radiology
* Postdoctoral research experience
* Identifying Medical Need
* Collaboration with physicians
* Analytical thinking
* Project formulation
* Problem solving
* Communicating research findings
* Experience in patient medical records and evaluating imaging data
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.