Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Varies - am and pm classes available
Rate of Pay:
Per Contact Hour
2022: Less than Master's = $947; Master's or above = $983
Adjunct teaching faculty provide instruction aligned with the college's strategic goals and evaluate students' progress to facilitate achievement of their educational goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Bachelor's degree in the discipline or in a related discipline
One year of teaching experience in the discipline or a related discipline
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Conduct assigned classes and/or labs
2. Prepare lessons
3. Provide course syllabus (which shall include grading standards, attendance policies, classroom behavioral expectations, course outline and contact information)
4. Verify student enrollment and submit grade sheets
If a lab is involved:
5. Prepare labs
6. Enforce lab safety procedures
Evaluate Student Progress
1. Keep accurate record of student performance
2. Provide students with timely feedback
Provide Student Assistance
1. Maintain office hours and voice-mail/e-mail communication
2. Refer students to student support services
3. Accommodate special needs students
Other duties as assigned that pertain to the job description
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human resources Department. Determination on request for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.