Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Rate of Pay:
Per Contact Hour
2022: Less than Master's = $947; Master's or above = $983
Adjunct teaching faculty provide instruction aligned with the college's strategic goals and evaluate students' progress to facilitate achievement of their educational goals. Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in the discipline or in a related discipline with at least 18 credit hours in the discipline, and 2,000 hours (1 year full-time) working experience in accounting or related business field.
- Knowledge of and experience with financial decisions related to payroll, compound interest and annuities, business transactions, and cost of credit. Ability to teach BUS 120 Business Math Course.
Essential Duties:Deliver Instruction
- Knowledge of banking, business analysis and decision making, discounts and margins, payroll, interest, present value and future value of money, debt decisions and implications, and financial reports.
- Adjunct teaching faculty provide instruction, in online modality and in-person, aligned with the college's strategic goals and evaluate students' progress to facilitate achievement of their educational goals.
If a lab is involved
- Conduct assigned classes and/or labs
- Prepare lessons
- Provide course syllabus (which shall include grading standards, attendance policies, classroom behavioral expectations, course outline and contact information)
- Verify student enrollment and submit grade sheets
Evaluate Student Progress
- Prepare labs
- Enforce lab safety procedures
Provide Student Assistance
- Keep accurate record of student performance
- Provide students with timely feedback
- Maintain office hours and voice-mail/e-mail communication
- Refer students to student support services
- Accommodate special needs students
As assigned, that pertain to the job description. Physical Demands:
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time) Visual Acuity:
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly) Work Environment:
Moderate noise Environmental Conditions:
Typical office or administrative Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College's EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.