DescriptionAbout Joyce University
At Joyce University, we're dedicated to nursing and health sciences. Prioritizing outcomes, our students progress faster. Emphasizing excellence, our graduates are empowered, passing professional exams at higher rates. Our programs are focused and rigorous, supported by a
community of teachers, students, staff, and alumni committed to patient care and each other. This commitment is central to our shared success. Because together we are stronger, sharper, and more prepared - together, we are Joyce.
We look forward to welcoming you to our university community.
Why Join Joyce:
• Excellent Benefits
Our full-time employees are offered a generous benefits package that includes 401k with employer matching contribution, medical, dental, and vision insurance with generous employer contributions, fully paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance, and an array of other optional benefits and wellness offerings which includes opportunities for remote employees as well as on campus, including a fully integrated employee assistance program which includes mental health care.
• Amazing Professional Development
Learning is a core value at Joyce, so we are serious about the growth of our people. That's why every employee partners with our Center for Teaching and Learning and People and Culture team to create a personal development plan and receive ongoing support to meet their goals. We also afford our people opportunities to participate in mentorship and executive development. From certification programs and lunch-n-learns, to book clubs and in-services, you'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow.
• World-Class Education Assistance
We want to support your pursuit of learning outside of Joyce. That's why we have a three-pronged education assistance suite that includes generous tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance for every qualified employee, and family member tuition reduction at Joyce University.
• Generous Time Off Philosophy
Growth takes balance. That's why from day one, you'll enjoy a flexible, self-directed PTO philosophy that does not cap our time off. This empowers our people to take meaningful time away from work to pursue hobbies, projects and causes, be with family and friends, and recharge the body, mind and spirit.
In addition to our progressive PTO philosophy, we have eleven paid holidays where our campus is closed.
• Spend Your Time Making a Difference
Our greatest benefit is our mission. Our people choose education because they want to make a difference. It's why we continue educating ourselves and our students because each graduate we inspire leaves Joyce ready to make the world better.
Full-time Professor (Any Rank, except as noted)
All faculty are expected to foster a Student Focused/Student Centered Approach:
· Interact in a fair and impartial way with students.
· Support and assess student academic achievement.
· Motivate students to further their education and professional development.
· Create a supportive and nurturing learning environment where students feel safe to learn and seek assistance when needed.
· Provide opportunities outside of class for students to get assistance. (teaching/service)
· Enforce the college rules as published in the Student Handbook and Ameritech Catalog
· Confer with Asst. Provost of Student Affairs when students are non-responsive or absent from class.
· Submit grades and records accurately and promptly in accordance with the college grading policy and procedure.
· Report any course or college-related problems to the Department Director or Chair of Nursing Programs.
· Comply with all requirements set forth in the Faculty Handbook
· Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads(teaching)
· Demonstrates expertise in content area (scholarship)
· Facilitates interactive learning environments (teaching)
· Incorporates the organizing principles of Ameritech programs into their teaching: evidence-based practice, problem-based learning, and interprofessional practice.
· Participates in annual trainings on best practices for teaching excellence (Breaking Developments) (teaching/scholarship)
· Uses data for continuous improvement (teaching/scholarship/service)
· Didactic, lab, SCE, clinical, and fieldwork curriculum align seamlessly (teaching)
· Evaluates students and provides documented feedback to students based on course outcomes (teaching)
Maintain lifelong learning and content mastery:
· Participates in annual professional development (scholarship)
· Commitment to furthering personal education (scholarship)
· Maintain licensure as required (scholarship)
· Maintain certifications (scholarship)
Commitment to Institution and Program
· Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of the program (scholarship/service)
· Assist with accreditation efforts (service)
· Attend Institution events (Town Halls, State of the College, Shining Stars Socials, Breaking Developments, Faculty Symposia) (teaching)
· Follows all institutional policies and procedures (teaching)
· Completion of all required trainings (teaching)
Commitment to Profession/Professional Role Model
· Maintain professional licensure(scholarship)
· Maintain certifications(scholarship)
· Membership in professional organizations at state and national level, as applicable(scholarship/service)
· Provide service to professional organizations through committee work, conference planning, serving on boards, lobbying (service)
· Clinical/Fieldwork Faculty demonstrate professionalism and competence in off-campus learning experiences(service/teaching)
· Interprofessional education/collaboration(teaching) Requirements:
Doctoral or other professional degree
Required professional experience
Unencumbered RN license or appropriate license for content area
Preferred professional experience
APRN or appropriate equivalent for content area
Preferred teaching experience
Department - Academics
Primary Manager - Assistant Dean or Assistant Director
Secondary Manager - Dean or Director
Direct Reports - None
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Location: Draper Campus, Remote, or Onsite with Clinical Partner
Employment Status: Full-Time
Hours of Employment: 40+
Position Type: Exempt
Pay type: Salary
Timecard required: NO
Travel: Up to 100%