Job Description Position Summary
The Department of Mental Health, College of Nursing, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS) is seeking passionate clinical innovators to join our team. Our goal is to develop and implement a cutting-edge Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Doctor of Nursing Practice program utilizing a collaborative, interprofessional, blended in-person and virtual model of instruction. We are seeking to assemble a faculty, who will not only adhere to our core values of Civility, Diversity, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Scholarship and Teamwork, but promote health and mental wellness across the life span. RFU offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, ability to maintain clinical practice (RFU salary in addition to clinical earnings), excellent facilities and a support team to enhance the student and faculty member's experience.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is dedicated to creating and fostering a diverse academic environment. We especially seek and encourage applications from individuals belonging to groups underrepresented in nursing education, as well as others who would enrich and add unique perspectives to the University.All applicants should provide a curriculum vitae, letter of interest, statement of teaching philosophy and experience, and names of three individuals who are familiar with applicant's teaching ability and can provide letters of reference.Who We Are
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS) is a six-college graduate health sciences university dedicated to the interprofessional education of health and biomedical professionals. The University was renamed in 2004 to honor Dr. Rosalind Franklin's groundbreaking contributions to the discovery of DNA and to recognize the vital role of women in science. RFU is situated on a spacious suburban campus next to Lake Michigan with easy access to Chicago, Evanston, and Milwaukee, as well as rural countryside and convenient suburbs.
As a community-based institution, students experience a variety of clinical environments and models of care, at inner-city and suburban major academic centers and community hospitals, children's hospitals, military hospitals and private clinics and practice settings. Training focuses on positioning patients at the center of care and as an active member of the healthcare team. During student didactic training, Nursing simulation labs allow students to sharpen their interactive and communication skills and develop critical reasoning. Students have early clinical contact, experience a supportive environment, and can count on a faculty dedicated to student success.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
All full-time faculty members employed by RFUMS are expected to engage in activities that are considered core to their primary role as a faculty member. These activities may include teaching, scholarly activity, and service.Teaching
responsibilities vary and may include:
- Direct instruction both in person and virtually
- Curriculum development, implementation, management and assessment
- Advising and mentoring students as well as serving as DNP project chair
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair, Mental Health Nursing
activities vary and may include:
- Original scholarship: clinical, quality improvement, evidenced based practice (focus of DNP program) and research
- Grant procurement
- Scholarly activities and/or clinical activities are negotiated and determined at the
- department level and are primarily based upon the faculty track.
activities vary and may include internal and external contributions through:
Required Education & Experience
- Contributions to the profession
- Direct patient care
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- DNP, DNSc or PhD in Nursing
- Possess an active unencumbered Illinois RN/APRN and controlled substance licenses (if licensed out of state must obtain within 6 months of hire)
- National certification as Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with at least three years' experience
- Maintains active clinical practice as an APRN (must continue to practice 8+ hours/week).
- Experience in team-based learning approaches to instruction.
- Must receive satisfactory results from a background check.
- Must have proof of COVID19 vaccination with booster or a university approved exemption.
- Expert knowledge of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- Basic knowledge of systems-based Advanced Practice Nursing curriculum
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office.
- Ability to quickly learn various Educational Learning Management System
- Display professionalism and maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Work/interact with diverse populations and be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Value teamwork
Typical Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Experience in Nursing Education Curriculum development.
- Experience with teaching methods including interactive large and small groups
- and case-based learning
- Experience in teaching nursing education at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
- The selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
EOE, including Disability/Vets