Position Title: Postdoctoral Associate, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Posting Number: R2100128
Employer: Research Foundation
Salary Range: $42,000 - $48,000
The University at Buffalo (UB) Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences has an exciting opportunity available to join the research group of Dr. Youngjae You utilizing medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry, photochemistry, cancer biology, and quantitative systems pharmacology ( QSP ) approaches to study drug development and delivery for cancer and other diseases. The ultimate goals of the projects are to develop drugs and drug delivery forms to improve therapeutic efficacy or reduce side effects, based on the understanding of drugs quantitative molecular and systems pharmacological characteristics.
Position Responsibilities include some of below duties:
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of small molecules and its conjugated forms with polymers and macromolecules
- Evaluation of such small molecules and delivery forms using cell-based tests
- Determination of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic parameters using animal models (e.g., breast, ovarian and bladder cancer models)
- Model design and simulation of PK/PD data
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Chemistry or related field
- Prior experience in cancer research for design and synthesis of drug candidates or in vitro and in vivo biological evaluation or quantitative systemics pharmacology
Deadline for Applicants: Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting: 29856