The School of Medical Imaging and Therapeutics seeks an adjunct faculty member to deliver high quality learning experiences and education for students in the General Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. The selected candidate will have responsibilities teaching scanning lab courses to undergraduate students. Subject matters may include abdominal and OB/GYN sonography.
- Deliver laboratory instruction in-person in the General Diagnostic Medical Sonography program
- Teach introductory scanning techniques in abdominal and gynecological imaging protocols
- Provide feedback to students on protocols and quizzes and exams.
- Proctor quizzes and exams
- Provide students with an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, texts and readings, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria
- Provide engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered
- Support incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion into the curriculum, as well as co-curricular experiences, to broaden the education of students and expand their knowledge of health disparities
- Uses the University's learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students
- Advises and assists students through office hours or scheduled appointments, by videoconference, phone or email, and through other University-approved mechanisms
- Provides service including student mentoring, ongoing course development, and assessment
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must hold current ARDMS credentials in both Abdomen and OB/GYN.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in General sonography.
- Teaching experience in a CAAHEP accredited program preferred.
- Commitment to undergraduate, graduate and/or professional education and student success
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact with a wide array of parties at all levels (students, faculty, administration/staff, alumni, and external constituents, including healthcare industry professionals)
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Work requires sitting, standing and walking as part of classroom and lab instruction
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Use both hands, wrists, and shoulders to maintain prolonged arm positions necessary for Scanning and perform fine motor skills
- Push, pull, bend and stoop routinely to move and adjust sonographic equipment and perform studies.
- Use senses (vision, hearing, and touch) to adequately view sonograms, including color distinctions; distinguish audible sounds; perform eye/hand coordination skills required in sonographic examinations
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, please click here.Apply
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and tested on a regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption. About Us
At MCPHS, we appreciate the importance of creating an environment in which everyone feels included and valued. Each of our Community members' unique experiences and perspectives add value to our ability to create and deliver the best education, academic service, and employee experience possible. MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that celebrates a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.