The School of Medical Imaging and Therapeutics seeks an adjunct faculty member to deliver high quality learning experiences and education for students in the Radiography Program. The selected candidate will have responsibilities teaching lab courses to undergraduate. Subject matters may include Radiographic Procedures.
- Deliver didactic, laboratory and/or experiential instruction via multiple formats (in-person, online, or in a 'blended' format) in the Radiography Program.
- Provide students with an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, texts and readings, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria.
- Provide engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Support incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion into the curriculum, as well as co-curricular experiences, to broaden the education of students and expand their knowledge of health disparities.
- Uses the University's learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students
- Advises and assists students through office hours or scheduled appointments, by videoconference, phone or email, and through other University-approved mechanisms
- Provides service including student mentoring, ongoing course development, and assessment
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor
- B.S Radiography
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in Radiography
- Commitment to undergraduate, graduate and/or professional education and student success
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact with a wide array of parties at all levels (students, faculty, administration/staff, alumni, and external constituents, including healthcare industry professionals)
- ARRT RT(R) & Ma Radiologic Technologist License
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, please click here.Apply
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and tested on a regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption. About Us
MCPHS University, an innovator in health and professional education, is setting the pace in the health science fields. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Here, we are preparing future generations of global leaders and promoting systems to improve the health of the public. We are a fast-moving, data-driven educational institution with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and excited to be in the midst of implementing an ambitious strategic plan that will bring us to our 200th anniversary in 2023. MCPHS University
core values of diversity, equity and inclusion are celebrated throughout our diverse community. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. All applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an equitable and inclusive working environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.