The School of Pharmacy-Boston seeks a full-time faculty member to deliver high quality learning experiences and education for students in the graduate, undergraduate, and PharmD programs. The faculty member will engage in teaching, service and scholarship activities, and work collaboratively with colleagues across the University as well as with the Department Chair. Additionally, the incumbent provides mentorship to students and contributes to the visibility, impact and reputation of the University and its programs through research and scholarly engagement. The selected candidate will have responsibilities teaching didactic and laboratory courses in pharmaceutics in the graduate and undergraduate programs. Subject matters may include dosage forms and drug design, pharmaceutical calculations, compounding lab, pharmaceutical technology, pharmaceutics seminar and graduate electives based on the area of expertise. Rank will be commensurate with education and experience.
* Deliver didactic, laboratory and/or experiential instruction via multiple formats (in-person, online, or in a 'blended' format) in the undergraduate, graduate, and PharmD programs.
* Participate in team-teaching the Dosage Forms Laboratory course for PharmD students.
* Serve as a research mentor or advisory committee member for graduate and undergraduate students.
* Offer electives in area of expertise in the PharmD and graduate programs.
* Provide students with an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, texts and readings, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria.
* Provide engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered.
* Use the University's learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students.
* Advise and assist students through office hours or scheduled appointments, by phone or email, and through other University-approved mechanisms.
* Support incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion into the curriculum, as well as co-curricular experiences, to broaden the education of students and expand their knowledge of health disparities.
* Participate in service activities; serve on committees; serve on regional, state, or national organization committees and volunteer activities; represent the program and University in/at community functions; attend School and institutional activities such as Commencement and ceremonies; and support student activities such as health fairs and service projects.
* Participate in scholarship resulting in conference presentations, publishable manuscripts, peer-reviewed instructional materials, or other outcomes consistent with expectations for scholarly activities described in the Faculty Manual.
* Attend and participate in School and Department meetings, University ceremonies, and other major events, and serves as a member of University, School and/or Department committees, as assigned.
* Contribute to periodic reviews and revisions of departmental course offerings.
* Maintain advanced knowledge in discipline and areas of expertise.
* Build and maintain relationships with professional organizations involved with the healthcare sector.
* Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.Required:
- PhD in Pharmaceutics
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the field of pharmaceutics, drug delivery, or dosage forms design
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience at the college/university level preferred
- Commitment to undergraduate, graduate and/or professional education and student success
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact with a wide array of parties at all levels (students, faculty, administration/staff, alumni, and external constituents, including healthcare industry professionals)
- Record of independent scholarly activities commensurate with an academic appointment
- Evidence of teaching excellence and lab management skills
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and tested on a regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption.About Us
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world's top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical, vision, and dental insurance, generous time off, retirement and pension plans, and flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance for our employees while advancing the MCPHS strategic plan.
MCPHS is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates a diverse community. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law