PT Instructor Pool - Dental Assistant ProgramCurrent Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into WorkdayJob Posting Date:
January 25, 2022Application Deadline:Salary Information:
Salary depends upon workload.Department:
School of Health Science_Dental,MA&HealthFoundations_PT FacultyJob Description:
Madison College is recruiting a pool of highly motivated and qualified candidates to teach part time courses for the Dental Assistant Program program. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2022-2023 academic school year. If you possess the aspiration to help others succeed, this is an opportunity for you to positively impact the community and lives of our students. Madison College is a first-choice institution that offers exceptional educational opportunities to our students providing high-demand skills for professional and academic growth.
Madison College's dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Hiring a diverse workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College - it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for instruction in the Dental Assistant program at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels. Instructors develop instructional strategies and curriculum that meet the needs of students and employers, and are encouraged to serve on committees. This position reports to the Associate Dean- School of Health Education.Essential Duties:
1. Responsible for instruction of dental assistant courses.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate.
3. Instruct students in classes and participate in college service activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
4. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
5. Evaluate student performance in courses taught by the instructor.
6. Actively work with other personnel in student recruitment, retention and job placement.
7. Develop and maintain curriculum in collaboration with department/division staff.
8. Participate in instructional and curriculum articulation activities with other programs and other divisions of instruction.
9. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
10. Assist students in developing work experience assignments such as internships, work study assignments, team projects, etc.
11. Maintain competencies as an instructor as aligned with the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
12. Comply with all aspects of Board policies, work rules, and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
13. Attend division, department and advisory committee meetings.
14. Develop strategies aimed at the retention of minority/female students.
15. Participate in appropriate staff development activities such as diversity awareness, technology training, etc.
16. Design curriculum and instruct in a variety of non-traditional formats to meet student and business needs.
17. Demonstrate a commitment to the college's mission, vision and values.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including the use of distance education and other methods of alternative delivery.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
3. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
4. Skill in oral and written communications.
5. Ability to interact with business and industry to establish partnerships.Qualifications:
1. Technical diploma in Dental Assisting with an expectation to obtain an Associate's degree in Education or Dental Hygiene within 3 years.
- If teaching transfer courses, must be a graduate of a dental hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation, two (2) years or 4,000 hours of work experience in dental hygiene, and have a Bachelor's degree in any field.
2. Two (2) years or 4,000 hours of work experience in dental assisting.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Madison College utilizes pool postings for all Part-time Instructor positions. This posting is a pool position to collect applications for potential part-time instruction positions. Part-time Instructors are hired on a per course basis each semester, and teaching one semester does not guarantee assignment for the following semester. The teaching hours for a part-time instructor vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes. If interested, please complete the required online application and attach a resume, cover letter, and transcripts (unofficial copy)
. Please note that all transcripts will be checked for verification of accreditation before hire. This pool will close on approximately January 31, 2023. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you will be asked to reapply to a new pool. All communications will be through the e-mail provided on your application materials.
We regard diversity in the workforce as a competitive advantage and strongly support its presence in our educational environment.If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.To ensure that emails from us regarding your application do not go to your spam folder, please add the @madisoncollege.edu domain as a safe sender in your email.Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. Madison College offers degrees, diplomas, apprenticeships and certificates in Architecture & Engineering; Arts, Design & Humanities; Business; Construction, Manufacturing & Maintenance; Culinary, Hospitality & Fitness; Education & Social Services; Health Sciences; Information Technology; Law, Protective & Human Services; Science, Math & Natural Resources; and Transportation. Admissions criteria vary by program and are available by calling our Enrollment Office at (608) 246-6210 or (800) 322-6282 Ext. 6210. The following person has been designated to coordinate Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and to handle inquiries regarding the college's nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Muchka, Compliance Coordinator, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246.5221To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/District/PT-Instructor-Pool---Dental-Assistant-Program_R0002312About Us
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning - offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around - once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you. Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-6ec34ae5c3ff7943b0ea3c6fe5173069