The School of Pharmacy - Boston seeks adjunct faculty to deliver high quality education and evaluation for the Doctor of Pharmacy Program. The selected candidate will have responsibilities teaching and precepting the Advanced Practice Management Laboratory courses to Doctor of Pharmacy students. Subject matters may include practical aspects of pharmacy practice in community, institutional and physical assessment labs.
The Doctor of Pharmacy Program at MCPHS University help students to succeed in a variety of rewarding pharmacy careers. The profession is expanding far beyond the retail counter: pharmacists not only prepare and dispense life-saving medications but also play an ever-expanding role in clinical care. They can also develop drugs, help shape health policy, and even prepare medical kits for travel to space. Whatever your pharmacy career goals, the PharmD field at MCPHS will provide you with world-class, interprofessional learning to position you for success.
- Delivers instruction in a practice management laboratory setting and provides experiential instruction via multiple formats (in-person, online, or in a 'blended' format) in the Advanced Practice Management Laboratory courses in the Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
- Supports incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion into the curriculum, as well as co-curricular experiences, to broaden the education of students and expand their knowledge of health disparities.
- Adjunct Faculty for the Advanced Practice Management Lab should be available to commit to a consistent schedule of, at minimum, one lab session block (approximately 4 hours) per week. Scheduling is flexible.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- Candidates must be registered pharmacists with experience in pharmacy practice as relevant to the needs of the lab (community, hospital, physical assessment).
- Commitment to undergraduate, graduate and/or professional education and student success
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact with a wide array of parties at all levels (students, faculty, administration/staff, alumni, and external constituents, including healthcare industry professionals)
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please click here.Apply
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and tested on a regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption. About Us
At MCPHS, we appreciate the importance of creating an environment in which everyone feels included and valued. Each of our Community members' unique experiences and perspectives add value to our ability to create and deliver the best education, academic service, and employee experience possible. MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that celebrates a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.