Research Associate I
Center of Excellence
Georgia Health Policy Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
Georgia State University
At the Georgia Health Policy Center (GHPC), we approach our work with a passion to be excellent, to positively impact people's lives, and to find creative and innovative ways to learn and fulfill our goals.
These are exciting times at GHPC. We are growing and we are thrilled that you are interested in being a part of our team. We are surrounded by individuals empowered to use their expertise and talents to achieve our mission to integrate research, policy, and programs to advance health and well-being.
Are you ready for us? Are you seeking an opportunity with purpose and direction? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We hire great people from a wide variety of educational, career, and personal backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a stronger team.
GHPC is seeking (2) Research Associate I (RA I) to join the already awesome team taking the GHPC to the next level of excellence and global achievements!
WHAT MAKES GHPC A GREAT PLACE?
* A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with diverse partners
* A flexible work environment
* Professional development opportunity and mentorship
* Competitive base salary
* Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, etc.
* A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
* Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
The center's current scope of work includes behavioral health, child health & well-being, community health systems development, health & health care financing, health in all policies, health systems transformation, long-term services & support, population & global health, and rural health. The center conducts, analyzes, and disseminates qualitative and quantitative research to connect decision-makers with the objective research and guidance needed to make informed decisions about health policy and programs. The center is at work locally, nationally, and internationally with public and private partners to improve health and well-being.
Click Apply and join us as we positively impact the communities we serve!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The RA I is a contributing member of multiple research, evaluation, technical assistance, policy development, and programmatic teams. The RA I will provide research and project support that contributes to a scientifically sound background for center activities. In addition, the RA I will coordinate special projects as assigned by senior staff, facilitate meetings, and assist in the preparation, coordination, and dissemination of various GHPC research-related materials on mental health services for children and youth.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Serve as project support staff by providing administrative and research assistance to existing contracts and grants.
* Serve as a member of the team that designs and conducts quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation to address health-related problems and publish results in professional conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
* Write reports, abstracts, briefing papers, literature reviews, presentations, and other research-related communications.
* Prepare literature reviews and submit Institutional Review Board applications and maintain approval.
* Conduct desk reviews, environmental scans, community mapping, and other exploratory and information gathering methods.
* Facilitate group meetings using meeting design strategies to ensure meeting goals and objectives are met.
* Coordinate special GHPC projects, as assigned by senior GHPC staff.
* Assist senior GHPC staff in identifying and responding to new research and funding opportunities.
* Provide data-informed technical assistance to partners to support decision-making, capacity-building, and sustainability at the practice, programming, and policy levels.
* Other duties assigned as job necessitates.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO MAKE YOU SHINE
* Qualitative and quantitative analytic skills
* Writing and reporting skills, including formatting
* Presentation skills
* Group facilitation skills
* Networking skills and aptitude for representing GHPC with local, state, and national organizations
* Demonstrated participatory and team-oriented style of interaction
* Knowledge of research and evaluation techniques, methodologies, equipment, processes, and procedures
* Skills and experience with data collection, such as conducting interviews and focus groups
* Knowledge of automated systems and software (spreadsheets, databases, word processors, presentations, educational software, computers; scanners, analysis software [e.g., NVivo, SPSS, and SAS], and survey software [e.g., Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey])
* Ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and exhibit excellent customer service abilities
* Effective time management and organizational skills
* Innovative mindset
* Effective oral and verbal communication with external and internal customers
DO YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN ANY OF THESE AREAS?
* Mental Health Services for Children and Youth
* Substance use disorder
* Behavioral health and developmental disabilities
* Child and adolescent mental health
* LGBTQ health
* Implementation science
* System of Care
* Health and racial equity
* Social determinants of health
* Medicaid and Medicaid data use
Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.