Apply now Job No:
Assistant/Associate Professor (12MO)Budget Title:
Associate Professor (12 month)Work Type:
Full Time Location:
Brooklyn, NY Categories:
Management and Professional, Faculty - Teaching Only, Research
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.Bargaining Unit:
The Department of Psychiatry at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Assistant/Associate Professor (12-MO). The successful candidate will:
- Build and lead a collaborative, interdisciplinary research team focused on the genomics of mood disorders and comorbid traits, support by robust extramural funding, and leading to consequential contributions to scholarship and advancements in the field of medicine.
- Demonstrate training and expertise in psychiatric genetic epidemiology, with an emphasis on major depression and related disorders, and strong expertise in causal modeling and applied population and statistical genetics.
- Oversee the development and implementation of collaborative research; curricular and academic initiatives through the Department of Psychiatry; participation in and leadership of regional, national, and international research efforts in genomics and health through production of academic scholarship and participation in professional academic associations and conferences.
Preferred Qualifications:Work Schedule:Salary Grade/Rank:Salary Range:
- PhD in Human Genetics or related field.
- Training and expertise in psychiatric genetic epidemiology, with a preferred emphasis on mood and related disorders, and strong expertise in applied population and statistical genetics as well as bioinformatics and causal modeling.
- Experience in leading collaborative, consortia-based research projects, prior history of grant funding, and productive manuscript record.
- Experience teaching and mentoring pre-doctoral, post-doctoral, medical students and/or resident trainees is also required.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications An approved COVID-19 vaccination.Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com .Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact Human Resources at 718-270-3025.Advertised:
September 20, 2021 Eastern Daylight TimeApplications close:
Open until filled
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
450 Clarkson Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11203
University Hospital of Brooklyn
445 Lenox Road
Brooklyn, NY 11203
SUNY Downstate at Bay Ridge
9036 7th Avenue at 92nd Street
Brooklyn, NY 11228