Openings as of 8/1/2022
Openings as of 8/1/2022
- Licensed School Nurse JobID: 2240
Special Services/ Licensed School Nurse
- Date Posted:
Brooklyn Center Middle/High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our Secondary team as a Licensed School Nurse (LSN) for the 2022- 2023 school year. The (LSN) is responsible for managing daily student intake & basic health assessments, assisting students with routine health care procedures and screenings, providing first aid and care to students, medication administration, data entry & health information maintenance. The (LSN) provides preventive health services to facilitate the students optimal physical, mental, emotional, and social growth and development.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values - Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We stand front and center
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides first aid and health care to students according to district policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Maintains and reviews student health records, emergency cards, immunization records, and reports of physical examinations.
- Manages student medication and treatment intake process and administration per physicians orders and parent authorizations.
- Maintains a system for providing first aid and emergency care in the health office and throughout the school.
- Identifies health problems of students through health assessment, health histories, review of health records, and screening programs.
- Makes health referrals as needed.
- Communicates current health problems, needs, and concerns of students to their parents/guardians and appropriate school staff.
- Develops 504s, individual health plans (IHP) and Emergency Care Plans, with specific goals, objectives, and interventions based on student health needs.
- Develops, provides training on, and monitors PCA Care Plans; documents progress and services for billing purposes
- Provides health counseling to students to assist them in making decisions regarding their health and health behaviors.
- Assists students and parents in identifying and utilizing available and appropriate community health resources.
- Provides educational opportunities for students to assist them in developing self-care skills to deal with health problems.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and evaluating school health procedures, policies, and programs for the school population, in cooperation with school personnel and community resources.
- Participates in identifying and reporting environmental health and safety hazards (current and potential) for students.
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases and manages reporting process for assigned building.
- Supervises work of non-licensed personnel in the health office.
- Delegates procedures to non-licensed personnel ensures adequate training in these procedures and continues to monitor their performance.
- Follows the school policy regarding immunization requirements and assists students in meeting compliance.
- Participate in Child Study team.
- Participates in the IEP plan development and evaluation processes.
- Collaborates with appropriate staff to efficiently and effectively assess and report possible child abuse, neglect, and/or sexual abuse.
- Serves as a resource person to the school staff members in health instruction.
- Provides classroom teaching on health topics as needed.
- Manage the cleanliness of the office space and organization and upkeep of supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and, Abilities Preferred:
- Thorough knowledge of the common medical practices, procedures, and techniques associated with a standard physical examination.
- Thorough knowledge of pediatric health and development.
- Thorough pharmaceutical knowledge and ability to administer medications and treatments.
- Thorough knowledge of the preliminary diagnosis of medical problems and the administration of medications related to treatment and first aid.
- Thorough knowledge of health education principles, practices, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of school and district rules, regulations, and procedures.
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits based on the contract Duty Days: 197 Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field. CPR/AED and First Aid Certification. Minnesota School Nurse License with Public Health Nursing registration. Previous experience working with diverse populations and urban school settings is preferred. Moderate experience in as a school nurse, public health, or pediatrics.
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We're not a community on the fringe, we're a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we're moving toward a change in history and hearts. Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Application Process: Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/ (https://www.bccs286.org/BCCS) Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/ BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.