Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job DescriptionQuality Control Drug Product Chemist Seeking a positive, motivated, and adaptable early career scientist for a full-time 2nd shift opportunity. 4-day work week: Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat 1:00pm - 11:30 pm 2nd shift differential includedEmployee Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess
- Testing of drug product including Container Closure Integrity, Instron, Mass Extraction, HIAC, Volume, Moisture and Malvern
- Handling, and disposing of samples
- Calibrates or verifies calibration of instruments/devices prior to use.
- Accurately records test results and reports any quality anomalies
- Maintains laboratory supplies and performs laboratory housekeeping as assigned
- Ensures superlative customer service to clients
- Participates in required training activities
- Complies with all pertinent regulatory agency requirements
- Ability to learn new techniques, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Detail oriented with a desire to do things right the first time
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Desire to work in moderately physical role that requires much of the time standing
- Strong computer and organizational skills
What We OfferAdditional Information
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or other science related degree concentration, or equivalent directly related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and
- vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Rensselaer, New York are encouraged to apply.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.