Job DescriptionWhy we need you to join our team!
Labcorp Drug Development has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefited from a medicine or medical device that Labcorp helped develop. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals.We are currently looking to hire a Research Associate for our Radiolabeled Materials team in Ann Arbor, MI! We are offering a sign-on bonus of $2,000
(paid after 60 days of employment)! What will you be doing:
The Research Associate will be running oncology efficacy studies using radiolabeled material and biodistribution studies. They will be responsible for the management of all pharmacological aspects of multiple, simultaneous client studies in a hands-on fashion.
How will you be rewarded!
- Liaise with fellow study managers to provide quality service to clients. Set and adhere to realistic experimental timelines and communicate those with clients and staff.
- Expertise of small animal handling and manipulation/restraint to include procedures not limited to in vivo: dosing, measuring, weighing, and surgeries; ex vivo: necropsy and sampling. Extensive understanding of clinical signs, may consult with Supervisor to understand underlying potential causes.
- Possess an understanding of multiple disease models and related pharmacology, biology, procedures and data generation.
- Assist with drafting of SOPs, VUFs, and other documents.
- Manage study-related client communications. Responsible for provision of timely interim study updates to include analysis as necessary and final reports. Will consult Supervisor to handle more complex issues.
- Coordinate and schedule of inter-team studies and projects.
- Autonomously perform drug preparation. Knowledge of underlying calculations and ability to follow clients' specifications.
- Maintain laboratory supply stocks and periodically clean laboratories and equipment.
- Utmost attention and awareness of humane animal care practices and initiatives to be applied in daily work. In-depth knowledge of Animal Care and Use principles and applications.
- Ordering, receiving, and unpacking radioactive materials safely and performing the related radiation surveys
- Performing quality control procedures on instruments used to determine the activity of dosages and performing checks for proper operation of survey meters
- Calculating, measuring, and safely preparing research subject dosages
- Using procedures to safely contain spilled radioactive material and using proper decontamination procedures
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Laboratory is BioSafety Level II.
- Laboratory contains x-ray generating equipment and is certified for radioisotope use.
- This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday and/or afterhours shift coverage, as needed.
Working in Ann Arbor, MI our Research Associates:
- Work a 1st shift including occasional weekends, some holidays and some overtime
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in scientific discipline*
- *Combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience with in vivo pharmacology will be considered in lieu of Bachelors' Degree
- LAT, LATG. ALAT Certifications strongly preferred
- CNMT/AART certification given special consideration
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Experience in nuclear medicine or radiologic technology
- Five to seven years of relevance research experience involving in vivo pharmacology* (*Zero to two years of relevant research experience with Ph.D.)
- Minimum two years of experience handling radioactive material in a clinical or research setting
- Experience in receipt, handling, and disposal of radioactive materials (positron, gamma and alpha emitters) preferred.
- Animal handling experience preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.