The Manufacturing Scientist I leads a variety of professional manufacturing scientific assignments associated with some or all of the following areas: research, design, development, manufacturing, or various phases of specialized science and manufacturing projects. They will work closely with QC and QA to assess risk to products upon validation of new processes. The MS-I is a subject matter expert and utilizes their expertise to drive process improvements.
- Identifies process/equipment gaps and works with cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions
- Develops complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols) to qualify and validate manufacturing processes; analyze results, make recommendations, and develops reports
- Resolves Compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations) of moderate complexity independently.
- Leads moderately complex project management plans ensuring deliverables are completed to expectations, using project management tools.
- Oversees manufacturing support tasks when needed.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Scientific field, in biologic and/or chemistry disciplines. Master's Degree and/or Doctorate Degree in Scientific field preferred.
Experience: 0-4 years' experience required in related industry.
- Expertise in usage of MS Office Suite
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Substantial understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Strong documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal skills)
- Experience with the manufacturing of biological materials in the context of immunoassay development is highly desirable.
- Substantial understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to manufacturing and science
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Radhas a mandatory vaccination policy requiringits US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community..About Bio-Rad:
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-PG1