The clinical development academy hires groups of colleagues into tracks aligned to their background and career goals- delivering best in class training to prepare them for a successful career in clinical research at Thermo Fisher. We are currently hiring for our entry-level life science track, uniquely designed for talented early career professionals interested in building a career in the contract research organization (CRO) industry. Successful applicants will join a cohort of their peers in a training program that prepares them to move into an Associate CRA Role. At the end of the program, successful academy members will transition to full time role on the CRA track.
These positions are remote- but focused in Mid-West (Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio), North East (New York, Maryland, DC, and Virginia), and South East (Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina). THIS POSTING IS RECRUITING SPECIFICALLY FOR MARYLAND, DC AND VIRGINIAResponsibilities:
The program offers:
- Utilize your problem solving and analytical skills to understand our business and support impactful projects
- Gain exposure through networking events and shadowing opportunities
- Participate in professional development opportunities focused on topics such as personal brand, building relationships, interviewing and resume building, career preparedness, and engaging in continuous coaching and development with the assistance of a team of mentors
- Attend meetings and conference calls, shadowing and participating
- Participate in assigned "work experience" aligned to future role, learning tools and tasks needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Competitive pay during training practicing/honing role-specific tasks
- Flexibility of workspace- home, office, or both depending on the colleague's location
- An opportunity for entry level talent put into practice education or transferrable skills
- A focus the learner's needs with on-the-job, colleague-led, and instructor/formal training
- Cohort of colleagues starting and learning together in a collaborative and organized environment, resulting in a strong network of future colleagues
- Training materials tailored to role-specific objectives set academy graduates up for success in a variety of future roles
- Weekly training sessions around professional development, spotlight on business units across the organization, and skill-specific trainings to provide a well-rounded experience
- Experienced line managers focused on creating a supportive and positive experience for all new hires
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree required. Science (life sciences, Biology, Chemistry, etc.) focused degrees preferred.
- Minimal experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0-2 years). Exposure to medical terminology, medical research, clinical research or life sciences coursework preferred.
- Valid driver's license where applicable.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across various stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality of documentation
- Ability to maintain customer focus through the utilization of good listening skills, attention to detail and the ability to perceive customers' underlying issues
- Good negotiation skills
- Well-developed critical thinking skills, including but not limited to: critical mindset, in-depth investigation for appropriate root cause analysis and problem solving
- Good computer skills: solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn appropriate software
- Good English language and grammar skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently, under direction, as required
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable in a wide range of scenarios
- Interest to move into a future career as a traveling CRA
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel.