- Requisition no: 520447
- Work Type: Full Time
- Location: Campus|Medical Center
- School/Department: null
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Competitive salary based on experience.
The Eleanor and Lou Gehrig ALS Center at Columbia University seeks to hire a highly motivated Clinical Coordinator II - Registered Nurse to join our multi-disciplinary care team. This ambulatory nursing position will play a critical role in providing comprehensive, continuous, and patient-centered care to patients and families with ALS and related disorders. The Clinical Coordinator II - RN performs telephonic, electronic, and in-person nursing assessments consistent with the NYS nursing scope of practice. Must demonstrates clinical judgment and skills in the full range of functions of a Registered Professional Nurse. The Clinical Coordinator II - RN will work closely with multiple providers as well as other clinical and administrative staff to identify, assess and provide nursing treatment for health problems. The role contributes to continuous quality improvement projects and participates in the Centers active clinical and translational research programs.
- Triages patients complaints and requests using critical assessment skills to include crisis intervention, acute and chronic medical problems for a wide range of health-related concerns; performs telephone triage on Nurse Clinical Symptom Lines
- Refers patients for further clinical evaluation and follow-up, either immediate care or future appointment using a computerized system (EPIC)
- Formulates and implements nursing projects and guidelines such as reviewing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in inter-disciplinary committees, programs, and community outreach.
- Coordinates outpatient and home care for patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and related neurological diseases. Follow-up on external referrals for services, DME, and procedures as needed.
- The Clinical Coordinator II - Registered Nurse will be available to serve as a resource to the ALS practice group for educational needs and delivery of nursing care
- Provides patient-centered education regarding plan of care, medications, and follow up care.
- Support of ALS clinical and translational research including screening and recruitment of prospective study participants, obtaining informed consent and medical history, and coordinating clinical care and follow-up of research participants.
- Engages in periodic self-evaluation and participates in Peer Review and Quality Assurance
- Requires Bachelor degree of Science in Nursing (BSN) or equivalent in education and experience, plus four years of related experience.
- Current New York State RN license.
- Epic experience and willingness to learn and maximize Epic features.
- Must possess strong clinical assessment and triage skills with proven clinical judgment and skills in the full range of functions of a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and promote interpersonal relationships and work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Completion of current CPR and infection control certificate
- Outpatient nursing experience, prior inpatient experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.