Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be focused on developing robust, scalable, and highly productive cell culture processes for the manufacture of gene therapy vectors for early- and late-phase clinical programs. Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. Your skill and knowledge will help in making decisions that require choosing among limited options. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions. It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to achievement of immediate work group goal and collaborate with team members.
- Design and perform experiments in bench-top bioreactors to evaluate production conditions.
- Execute cell culture experiments to optimize and enhance rAAV vector production using mammalian expression platforms.
- Assist in the tech transfer of manufacturing processes to pilot, clinical, and commercial facilities.
- Design, plan and execute experiments in shake flasks, bench-top bioreactors, and other appropriate scale-down equipment.
- Satisfactorily complete all Good Laboratory Practices and safety training in compliance with departmental requirements and follow appropriate safety practices in the workplace.
- Present data and strategy to scientists and management in appropriate internal and external venues (technical meetings, project team meetings, conferences) as appropriate.
- Analyze and document experimental data generated, and ensure timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and internal technical reports.
- Evaluate data and provide clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience, degree in biological science or chemical/biological engineering or Masters Degree
- Prior cell culture experience in a laboratory setting, preferably in process development of biotherapeutics
- Basic skills include aseptic technique, cell counting, culturing mammalian cell lines in shake flasks and/or bioreactors, thawing and freezing cell lines, and determination of cell culture metabolites
- Willing to expand scientific skills and accept direction from senior staff members.
- Ability to learn new procedures and work with computerized process control equipment
- Ability to execute detailed experimental plans, record procedures, and analyze data
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities
- Experience with production of gene therapy vectors
- Practical knowledge of mammalian cell culture metabolism, scale up, GLP/GMP practices, and technology transfers to pilot/commercial sites.
- Team oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized and great attention to detail
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires light lifting (30 lbs/15 kg)
- Position requires periods of standing, sitting, or walking
Other Job Details:
- Position requires occasional off hours work in small scale process development and manufacturing support
- Possibility of occasional travel to other Pfizer sites and/or CMOs as appropriate to support process tech transfers
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 17th, 2022
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise, colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development