Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in discovery sciences, pharmaceutical sciences or global supply, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
We are recruiting for an Analytical Scientist to join the Bioprocess Development Group in Kalamazoo, MI. The incumbent will work as part of an interdisciplinary team as well as provide scientific leadership for the implementation of a high through-put screening platform. Principal duties include method development and qualification, impurity isolation and identification, investigation support, plate screening, process monitoring and data analysis using analytical techniques.
You will help Pfizer develop improved processes used in the research and development of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- You will work as part of a interdisciplinary team developing and delivering new API bioprocesses and technology and conducting analytical troubleshooting as required.
- Develop, evaluate & qualify analytical methods across a range of techniques (including HPLC, UHPLC, GC, SFC, MS) as required to support the development of next generation bioprocesses.
- Support technical transfer of analytical methods onto the site, across the site, and out to external sites both within the Pfizer network and to third parties as required.
- Lead troubleshooting and investigation of analytical issues with existing commercial API processes or bioprocesses in development. This may include impurity identification and structural elucidation of unknown components using advanced analytical techniques.
- Demonstrate problem solving, delivering process and analytical understanding.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 8 years of relevant experience OR an associates degree with 6 years of experience OR a bachelors with at least 3 years of experience OR Masters with more than 1 year of experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of analytical principles and procedures
- Experience with Empower, OpenLab, or other chromatography data systems
- Practical experience in a range of analytical techniques and method development, including but not limited to HPLC, UHPLC, SFC, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS
- A proven ability to plan and work independently. The candidate must be able to work under consultative direction, toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives for a project. Assignments may sometimes be self-initiated.
- Ability to determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Develops advanced ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Strong documentation skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and frequent use of an electronic notebook.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience in structural elucidation using Prep-LC, LC-MS and NMR
- Familiarity with ACD/Labs software suite
Lab position: Frequent standing and walking, frequent detailed manual manipulations, and computer-based work. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
First shift position - some overtime and/or weekend work may be required
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:On PremiseOther Job Details:
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 17, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development