Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.ROLE SUMMARY
The Cancer Immunology Discovery group at Pfizer is seeking an ambitious Post-Doctoral Research Scientist with strong research and communication skills to undertake a highly visible research project shared between the Tumor Immunogenicity and T cell activation and PDx resistance groups. The successful candidate will study the impact of cytokines on CD8 T cell exhaustion in the tumor microenvironment. The scope of this work will potentially include the use of unique in vitro T cell systems and the use of a novel transgenic mouse reporter/lineage trace model that has yet to be characterized or published.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a self-starting, highly motivated, and technically proficient cellular immunologist with a PhD to apply a variety of cutting-edge tools including molecular, cellular, and biochemical techniques alongside immunofluorescence imaging, high parameter flow cytometry, and bioinformatics in preclinical in vivo models to address key questions within the scope of the proposed work. (S)he will work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative research environment and will be expected to present their findings in high-impact journals and at internal and external scientific conferences.QUALIFICATIONSBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD degree with experience in Immunology, Oncology, or related discipline.
- A high-level understanding of key concepts in cancer immunology and T cell biology
- A strong desire to learn, it is not expected that the successful candidate will have experience with all of the required techniques; however, they must be willing to expand their technical and scientific capabilities
- Expertise in multiparameter flow cytometry, ex vivo mouse tissue processing, and primary mouse immune cell culturing
- Experience in mouse handling and primary cell tissue harvest
- Expertise in mouse and human T cell purification
- Significant experience with standard T cell activation assays (e.g. peptide, anti-CD3, PMA/ionomycin) and readouts like intracellular cytokine FACS-staining, proliferation, ELISA, ELISPOT, and/or cytotoxicity.
- Scientific and technical knowledge of T cell immunology, specifically the field of T cell dysfunction/exhaustion
- Significant molecular biology experience including CRISPR-mediated deletion of genes in primary mouse cells
- Expertise in bulk and single cell RNA-Seq analyses
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Standing, sitting, bending, lifting, walking in a laboratory or vivarium setting.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a BSL-2 laboratory; additional PPE requirements when working in vivarium barrier suites.
- Standard business office conditions; sitting, standing as appropriate
Eligible for Relocation Assistance
Must have Work Authorization in the USPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development