Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.ROLE SUMMARY
This is a laboratory-based position within the Vaccine Research and Development - Analytical Development group. The candidate will provide support to the Critical Reagent and Sample Management group in the form of critical reagent management and documentation, assay development to support reagent characterization, in-vivo study coordination, and sample management.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The core responsibilities include:
- managing the critical reagent inventory
- staging stability and in-vivo study materials
- managing incoming samples
- for analysis, including aliquoting and distributing samples
- maintaining various inventory databases
- ensuring proper storage of materials
- issuing appropriate documentation such as certificates of characterization .
- Track and apply specific material handling and storage requirements for different programs and stages
- Work with customers to clarify requests, and to ensure high quality results are provided within the required timeframe
- Assist with basic assay development for reagent characterization, using mostly plate-based kit assays and/or other pre-established methods for previous reagents
- BS or MS or equivalent degree required with background in molecular biology (preferred) or chemistry with 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Lab experience required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills is essential.
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: On PremisePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development