MOUNTAINLAND TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Invites applications for the position of: Culinary Arts Instructor
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 5:00 - 10:00 PM & Friday is Flexible
Location: 2301 W. Ashton Blvd Lehi, Utah 84043
Reports to: Culinary Arts Program Coordinator
Status: Part-Time/ Non-Exempt
Wage: $19.05Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Instructs, manages, and supervises students in classroom and in the lab setting.
- Ensures cleanliness, maintenance and safety of kitchen. Abides by Health Department Code. Sets high standard for student cleaning of work stations.
- Provides a Program Syllabus, detailing expectations of course, grading procedures, etc.
- Plans course calendar by year to cover all competencies.
- Prepares and follows daily lesson plans.
- Coordinates with Catering and Cafeteria to use student prepared menu items where possible.
- Evaluates instruction/learning by means of written, oral practical and performance tests.
- Maintains student-oriented approach, desirable classroom/lab conditions.
- Maintains accurate and current reports and records regarding student accountability, attendance, and performance. Enters information into NorthStar by required due dates.
- Prepares monthly credit card reconciliation: ensures compliance with department budget.
- Coordinates with other instructors to hold and attend Culinary Arts Advisory Meetings twice a year.
- Ensures that Advisory Meetings have at least 3 members in attendance and that they follow COE standards.
- Attends all General Faculty Meetings.
- Supervise students in planning and preparing of Fine Dining events.
- Coordinate with other instructors and staff to hold and attend Culinary Arts Department Meetings at least every other month.
- Tracks and enters information for Training Outcome Reports. Responsible to meet COE standards of 60% Completion and 70% Placement for all adult students.
- In coordination with other instructors, reevaluates the program on an annual basis for improvement and updated information. Meets deadline for change requests.
- Submits student information for Completion Ceremonies on time. Attends any Completion Ceremony where Culinary students are receiving certificates.
- Maintains a professional and productive classroom environment free from harassment and prejudice.
- Sets a kitchen standard of professionalism in terms of behavior, sanitation, & cleanliness.
- Meet with and advise individual students
- Assess student skills through exams and student demonstrations of ability
- Stay informed on current industry trends and potential employment opportunities.
- Knowledge of equipment use and proper safety procedures as well as emergency response procedures.
MTECH maintains the right to conduct a criminal history background check; employment is contingent upon background check results Non-Discrimination Statement
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required, a college degree is preferred.
- Must hold a Culinary Arts Certificate
- Minimum of three years' experience in both professional cooking and kitchen management.
- Any professional certifications held should be current.
Mountainland Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:Lynn AdamsInquiries may also be sent to:
2301 Ashton Blvd
Lehi, UT 84043
Office for Civil Rights, Denver Office
U.S Department of Education
Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building
1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310
Denver, CO 80204-3582
Phone: 303-844-5695 (TDD: 800-877-8339)