Job Details Job Location
San Francisco - San Francisco, CAPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
Graduate Degree BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF JOB:
To meet the growing need to converge business and technology in our curricula, we seek to hire a tenure-track Associate-level Professor of Technology and Applied Science / Engineering / Mathematics. Primary job responsibilities include establishing new applied technology tracks, and overseeing the progression of numerical literacy, data literacy, and quantitative fluency. Weaving an updated applied technology curriculum with emerging innovative trends in business is an essential expectation of this role.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teach between four and eight courses per year (depending on other assignments)
- Lead in course and curricula design
- Participate in school and university governance
- Maintain academic and/or professional qualifications
- The successful candidate should have a doctorate (Ph.D.) in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Consistent with Golden Gates focus on professional practice education, the ideal candidate will have significant professional/enterprise or industry experience in application of technology to business innovation and transformation and maintain active involvement in relevant professional associations.
- Demonstrated ability to assist a diverse student population in reaching its learning objectives is of prime importance.
- Superb analytical, research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Strong interest in working with culturally and economically diverse groups, including international students.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively supervise students and collaborate with colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- High degree of professionalism in all aspects of higher education, including in dealings with staff, colleagues, and managing a demanding and high-intensity schedule.
- Ability to adhere to the schools policies, including the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, and to deal with a wide variety of student concerns.
- Prior experience with professional training and/or teaching in an academic context strongly valued.
Interested persons should apply online at http://www.ggu.edu/jobs, and include a cover letter highlighting the applicants qualifications and teaching interests, resume, a writing sample, and a list of references. Questions about this position may be directed to Professor Siamak Zadeh, Chair of the Faculty Appointments Committee at email@example.com. Please see the universitys website, www.ggu.edu, for information about the academic offerings of the School of Undergraduate Studies. This position overlaps with several academic areas including Business Management and Leadership as well as Data Analytics.
Golden Gate University has a robust online learning program and this position invites applicants local to the San Francisco Bay Area and remote applicants who are willing to engage in occasional travel to the Bay Area.
Golden Gate University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforce these practices. The university welcomes and encourages applications from women, military veterans, minorities, people of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Job posted in Circa Network.