Bioanalytical Chemist Manager / LeadCompany Overview:
Advanced Testing Laboratory (ATL) is a professional services organization with an ever-broadening service portfolio to support FDA-regulated products and companies worldwide. Providing scientific, engineering, and regulatory laboratory services, we seamlessly leverage our expertise within the consumer product goods, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, we are a highly profitable and nimble entrepreneurial organization comprised of nearly 500 experts who work throughout the United States. Anchored by the mission to add value to our clients throughout all stages of the product life cycle, we are the most desired business partner for our Fortune 500 clients.Perks & Benefits at ATL:
What You'll Do:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Career Mobility & Ongoing Development
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
What You'll Need:
- Helps to schedules associates in three different analytic labs and assigns resources.
- Identifies resource needs and coordinates maintenance and stocks of laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies as applicable.
- Reviews data if applicable.
- Prepares technical report for clients.
- Reviews and provides resource metrics, time utilization and performs gap assessments of processes for efficient running of team lab activities
- Assures staff compliance to SOPs and other guidelines.
- Develops appropriate training plans and ensures staff are trained and onboarded.
- Develops expertise in operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex equipment or software.
- Performs general human resources responsibilities, including recruitment activities, performance evaluations, and progressive discipline.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions, and implements action plans.
- May act as front-line contact for internal and external clients.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Science, or equivalent degree plus 3-4 years direct related experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
- HPLC and/or LC-MS experience required.
- Previous Bioanalytical experience required.
- Working knowledge of laboratory operations and an understanding of the technical aspects of the laboratory and/or computers and computer software systems.
- Previous lead or people leadership skills essential
- Client facing experience required
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
AT ATL, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. ATL strongly supports diversity in the workplace.