FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is hiring a Scientist II for our Manufacturinig Science and Technology (MSAT) group. The Scientist II assists in providing customer-facing technical services that support and add value to bioprocess development activities. In addition, this position performs activities relating to bioprocess development, understanding cell culture media formulas, and providing technical cell culture process development support.
External US Responsibilities:
- Design experiments related to media and buffer preparation, raw materials and manufacturing
- Facilitate troubleshooting activities when needed by using deep solution chemistry background
- Assist with customer-facing service projects to support bioprocess development and manufacturing
- Use professional concepts and company's policies and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems in practical ways
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project completion
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of relevant experience or Master's Degree plus 2 years of relevant experience in process development in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related field
- Broad scientific knowledge of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and Microbiology
- Experience with conducting and creating new assays as needed
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to performe a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.