Lead ChemistCompany Overview:
Advanced Testing Laboratory (ATL) is a professional services organization with an ever-broadening service portfolio to support FDA-regulated products and companies worldwide. Providing scientific, engineering, and regulatory laboratory services, we seamlessly leverage our expertise within the consumer product goods, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, we are a highly profitable and nimble entrepreneurial organization comprised of nearly 500 experts who work throughout the United States. Anchored by the mission to add value to our clients throughout all stages of the product life cycle, we are the most desired business partner for our Fortune 500 clients.Perks & Benefits at ATL:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Career Mobility & Ongoing Development
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
This position is in Kansas City, Kansas
and the work schedule is a 12-hour rotation, day shift, with every other weekend off.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Perform daily testing on raw materials and finished products within a laboratory setting.
- Operation and maintenance of key analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC, AA and ICP
- Coordinate daily workflow of the lab and distribute tasks to lab analysts to be completed within specified timeframe.
- Provide instrumentation and method training for lab analysts at onboarding and ongoing qualification.
- Complete routine testing on various products and recording results in accordance with cGMP documentation guidelines and aligned with standard operating procedures and turnaround times.
- Perform daily quality review of all testing and ensure quality checks are completed before final release.
- Assess SOP and perform method validations and verifications on a regular basis. Recommend changes or opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Support and complete investigation process, creating necessary documentation to address and respond to any lab error resulting in a DIR, OOS or CAPA.
- Always perform daily quality and safety audit activities such as lab health checks that position lab in a constant state of control and ready for inspection.
- Perform routine lab maintenance and cleaning activities to ensure a clean and safe laboratory workspace.
- Serve as assistant to Lab Manager in daily lab operations.
- Bachelors' or Associates' degree in Chemistry or related life scientific discipline required.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting required. Experience in an FDA or cGMP regulated environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to train, coach and provide feedback in a constructive way.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and clients, both written and verbal.
- Ability to troubleshoot sample, method, or equipment outages and to think critically and provide solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Familiarity and comfort with electronic software systems including Microsoft products, spreadsheets, communication platforms including conference, messaging, and email systems.
AT ATL, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. ATL strongly supports diversity in the workplace.